where do you mount your TJ's cb radio - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > where do you mount your TJ's cb radio

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 01-05-2012, 11:13 AM   #136
Squint77

2005 LJ Wrangler 

We have two wranglers so here are the set ups:
In the TJ, we just glued it to the dash:

In the LJ, I cut out some of the center console and originally glued it, but everytime I go infor wiring or HVAC issues, it is a pain to reglue so I finally just wedged it in there by making a bracket that screws into the side of the CB. The cool thing is that it does not move at all and I did not have to drill into my dash. The bracket just pushes against the bottom of the dash and when I want to remove the dash, it is easy reinstall the CB with the side screws:

Pic of the bracket:

Speaker:

Antenna:

It works extremely well

Squint77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2012, 05:21 PM   #137
1997tjwrangler
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
I put both my radio and CB in-dash.

I really want to do this, but the CB I want is larger than yours. Did you have to cut into the plastic bracket above the air control box? It looks like I would have to cut a lot of plastic out of the cover and the brackets. Do you have any pics of the setup behind the black cover?
1997tjwrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 11:25 PM   #138
BechBarg
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I have mine mounted in the tuffy overhead security console. My cobra 29 fits great and I can lock it. My Uniden bear cat fits, but I can't lock it because the knobs stick out to far. My antenna brackets were made by Arizonarockyroad.com they make tons of different mounting solutions for antennas and radios. Gotta say I love the brackets I bought and they helped give my rig it's unique look. I will post pics of the mounted radio as soon as I take pictures of it. \m/
image-4049568097.jpg  
BechBarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2012, 10:51 PM   #139
kb2seo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Have you considered the transmission Console? As long as the ground return in on something in the tub, like a screw from the seat, or is wired to the battery direct, it will do fine, Keep the wires as short as practical. I mounted my Icom 2100 H like that- it does not bother the passenger at all, I was able to tuck everything neatly under the console . Can send photo if you wish.
kb2seo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 09:18 PM   #140
TXRanger

2004 LJ Wrangler 

What are you guys using to mount it to the side of the console? Surely everyone's not spending $25 for this...
http://www.quadratec.com/products/96080_200.htm

Also, you guys mounting under the glove box, what are you using?
Unread 11-21-2012, 09:47 PM   #141
Coyote56
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I bought the Smittybilt GEAR overhead console. Put all of my storage pockets to the rear and drilled in a place for my CB mount in the overhead.

I am using a Uniden Bearcat 880.. great CB has weather alerts... etc. A lot better than those 30 dollar wal-mart radios. I would recommend it if you use CBs alot.
Coyote56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.