Where can I find a new headlight wiring harness? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Where can I find a new headlight wiring harness?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-12-2013, 11:02 PM   #1
jc426
1999 WJ 

Where can I find a new headlight wiring harness?

Hi guys,

I'm new here to JeepForum, and I've been having some trouble with my headlights recently; I believe it's because I have a bad wiring harness. One of my headlights seems to go dim when ever I go over a bump. I took it apart, and noticed that it works just fine when it's in one position, but goes dim when I move it. Does anyone know where I can find a new one. I couldn't seem to find one online, and my auto-parts store didn't seem to have them in stock. it's a 1999 WJ Grand Cherokee Laredo.

Any help would be appreciated.

jc426 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2013, 07:28 AM   #2
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

IIRC a lot of people have been happy with the RJM headlight harness. Might be worth a call to them. Either if they have something that works or will build you one.
Unread 11-13-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
05LJTampa
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar
IIRC a lot of people have been happy with the RJM headlight harness. Might be worth a call to them. Either if they have something that works or will build you one.
Not going to happen. They dont pick up the phone, voicemail is always full and ive yet to receive an email confirmation or response to my two emails about a harness i ordered sunday.
05LJTampa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2013, 01:44 PM   #4
jc426
1999 WJ 

After seeing the pictures I'll probably have to get 2 if I want the lighting to match up. I'll try RJM, but doesn't Chrysler still sell the factory parts?
Unread 11-13-2013, 01:49 PM   #5
05LJTampa
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc426
After seeing the pictures I'll probably have to get 2 if I want the lighting to match up. I'll try RJM, but doesn't Chrysler still sell the factory parts?
Why would you need 2??
Unread 11-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #6
cvd
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I ordered a headlight harness from RJM on Nov 01. Received an email confirmation right away but nothing since. I've called and emailed multiple times over these 12 days, asking for an estimated ship date. Voice mail box is full, no response to emails.

The problem is I've read good reviews about the RJM harness; mostly negative reviews on the other $40 - $50 harness kits out there. For about $30-, you can buy the parts (2 relays, 3 sockets, wire, connectors, etc.) and build it your self. If I don't hear from RJM in a day or two, I'll cancel the credit card charge and build one myself.
cvd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #7
jc426
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05LJTampa View Post
Why would you need 2??
I've never replaced a harness before. Do I need one for each headlight, or is it one for both? I'm rather new when it comes to repairing cars too .
Unread 11-13-2013, 02:52 PM   #8
05LJTampa
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc426

I've never replaced a harness before. Do I need one for each headlight, or is it one for both? I'm rather new when it comes to repairing cars too .
You only need one. And when it comes time to order from my research you'll want the sealed beam h4 harness not the jeep specific one
Unread 11-13-2013, 02:53 PM   #9
05LJTampa
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvd
I ordered a headlight harness from RJM on Nov 01. Received an email confirmation right away but nothing since. I've called and emailed multiple times over these 12 days, asking for an estimated ship date. Voice mail box is full, no response to emails.

The problem is I've read good reviews about the RJM harness; mostly negative reviews on the other $40 - $50 harness kits out there. For about $30-, you can buy the parts (2 relays, 3 sockets, wire, connectors, etc.) and build it your self. If I don't hear from RJM in a day or two, I'll cancel the credit card charge and build one myself.
Awesome. Glad its not just me then but i'll be pissed bc i could have built one by now
Unread 11-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #10
unlimited4x4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Rallylights.com

I bought mine here several years ago. Couldn't be happier . Very well built and never had a issue with it. It's called Sesquahanna Motor Sports.

http://www.rallylights.com/all/hl281...p-harness.html
unlimited4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2013, 07:46 PM   #11
05LJTampa
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlimited4x4
I bought mine here several years ago. Couldn't be happier . Very well built and never had a issue with it. It's called Sesquahanna Motor Sports.

Yeah i almost went with them and still may. Was trying to save $40
Unread 11-13-2013, 08:38 PM   #12
05LJTampa
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlimited4x4

Which configuration would i choose going from stock lights to h4 high/low? Too many options
Unread 11-19-2013, 09:24 PM   #13
unlimited4x4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Harness

I believe it's this one, but call and ask. They won't steer you wrong.

HL28140 - From 9004 to H4 Hi/Lo

I'll try and see if there are any identification marks on my harness. If so I'll post them up here.

Also, a good source for this kind of information is Daniel Stern of Daniel Stern Lighting. His website is full of info and I highly recommend sending him a email. He is very knowledgeable regarding vehicle lighting . I buy my Sylvania bulbs from him.
unlimited4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2013, 06:35 AM   #14
05LJTampa
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I just received this harness from susquehanna thisweek. Talked to Ray for quite some time, he built the harness and shipped it out the same day. Good guys
Unread 11-24-2013, 08:52 AM   #15
Loadsmasher
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05LJTampa View Post
I just received this harness from susquehanna thisweek. Talked to Ray for quite some time, he built the harness and shipped it out the same day. Good guys
You got the HL28140 9004 to H4 Hi/Lo? Seeing a 9004 bulb in the parts store makes me wonder where that connector is going to go...

Tags
harness , headlight , wj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.