Where is the 50 amp fuse for the windows in a 95 Grand Cherokee? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Where is the 50 amp fuse for the windows in a 95 Grand Cherokee?

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 07-24-2011, 10:30 AM   #1
Patrice

Where is the 50 amp fuse for the windows in a 95 Grand Cherokee?

I can't find the 50 amp fuse in my 95 Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD

Patrice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2011, 05:04 PM   #2
mylt1

never heard of a 50a fuse for windows. thats a high rating for just window motors. should be in the fuse box but i doubt it will be 50a.
mylt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2011, 05:08 PM   #3
wsar10
2003 WJ 

If your window motors draw 50a....I would say there is quite an issue.

There are additional relays inside the glove box on 93-95's

-03 WJ laredo 4.0 120k a few minor mods
-93 XJ 5spd, 3" zone lift
wsar10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2011, 07:38 PM   #4
Patrice

Thanks for answering. You are both right. I got that from another post for the same issue but they were not right. There is a 30 amp relay on the inside fuse panel that controls the windows. But my issue was the black wire in the boot in the drivers door. I did not find it at first because the broken wire was way up in the boot and it broke off right where it goes into the door. I can see the end of the wire coming out of the door and barely grab it with a pliers but I cannot pull it out enough to get a good end to solder. I even took the door panel off to try to push from the inside while pulling from the outside but no luck. I could put attach a wire to the end that goes into the body, open the door and touch it to the end sticking out of the door to raise and lower the windows. That works but is not very practical. Not sure if I should try to solder such a short end right into the plastic.
Patrice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.