What wires do I need for over head sound pods to replace and where would I get them? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > What wires do I need for over head sound pods to replace and where would I get them?

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 08-17-2013, 09:38 AM   #1
AJhslTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

What wires do I need for over head sound pods to replace and where would I get them?

When I bought the jeep the over head sound bar wires were cut. I want to hook them up to see if they still work but dont know what to get or where to get them.

This is my first thread so go easy if its something stupid.

AJhslTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2013, 11:14 AM   #2
bubbadiesel250
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Where is it cut? Or did they unplug the pods and ditched the harness? If its cut just splice in new wiring. If their unplugged you could either search eBay for the harness or remove the plug from the pod and install your own, or just straight wire them in if you want.
bubbadiesel250 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #3
AJhslTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

It's cut after the harness so that's good but now where do I get the same exact wire for those speakers? Also, how is it going to connect to the radio? There was 16ga wire already plugged in separately in the back but it was also cut. How could I maybe connect those two.
AJhslTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2013, 12:27 PM   #4
bubbadiesel250
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just go to an auto parts store and buy some speaker wire the same gauge or close. As for the other wires I would trace them down and see where they lead. Maybe youll luck up and they'll tie into the original harness. If not your gonna have to run all new wire from the stereo to the pods, if you have too I would go ahead and get a larger gauge speaker wire for future speaker up grades.
bubbadiesel250 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
speaker , wiring

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.