Weird Volume Control - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Weird Volume Control

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 08-14-2013, 03:52 PM   #1
1911rocks
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Weird Volume Control

I have the factory Audio system in a 2001 60th Anniversary model I just bought used. If I try to increase the Volume rapidly it actually decreases the Volume. If I go very slowly the voulme increases. Ideas? Thank you.

1911rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 07:02 PM   #2
gily25
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds like the rotary knob either has internal corrosion or warping. You can always pull it from the dash and check the wiring but most likely it'll be a bad knob.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.