Warning light help! - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 10-12-2017, 07:28 AM Thread Starter
Cconnz

Warning light help!

Hello I'm new to this site so not sure if I'm posting in the right topic or not. A few weeks ago I got in my car and noticed my a/c wasn't working as I pulled out of my drive way I had my "abs" light and traction light(car skid light) come on they have been on ever since and randomly come one and go off. Along with the hill assist warning light ? Can anyone help me had this happened to anyone. I want to bring it to a shop by would like to know the problem before I go so I don't get robbed. Please anyone help my Jeep is a 2013 unlimited Sahara Wrangler thank you in advance

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-12-2017, 07:33 AM
cranbiz
2012 JK Wrangler 

A/C can be lots of reasons and you do know that the JK A/C doesn't come on right away after starting the Jeep, it can take a minute or two before it actually engages the clutch. Does it work 5 minutes or so after starting the Jeep?

For the ABS/Traction lights, is the steering wheel centered? If it's off center, than the computer thinks there is a problem and that's when the lights come on. It's an easy fix, a 15mm wrench and a pipe wrench to adjust the drag link (the sleeve turns) to recenter the steering wheel

06 KJ
12 JK,2.5" Teraflex lift,Bilstein 5100's,BFG KO2's P305/65R17
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA
post #3 of 6 Old 10-12-2017, 07:44 AM
jtec

All that colleague mentions
and the first step is to scan vehicle systems...the freebie scans are not going to do it sorry.

post #4 of 6 Old 10-12-2017, 09:51 AM
cranbiz
2012 JK Wrangler 

If the wheels are centered and the wheel is off meaning the Jeep logo is crooked with the wheels centered, there is no need to scan for the ABS, etc codes. It's the steering wheel position. Now if the wheels and steering wheel are centered, absolutely, get a scan for fault codes.

06 KJ
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA
post #5 of 6 Old 10-12-2017, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Cconnz

The ac does not turn on 5 minutes later iv tried it come out but come out warm. Also just noticed I went to hit break and my breaks seemed funny. Can't explain what they did almost like it felt like I pumped my breaks but I didn't
post #6 of 6 Old 10-13-2017, 11:51 AM
cranbiz
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cconnz View Post
The ac does not turn on 5 minutes later iv tried it come out but come out warm. Also just noticed I went to hit break and my breaks seemed funny. Can't explain what they did almost like it felt like I pumped my breaks but I didn't
That's the ABS pump kicking in. It applies a series or bursts to the brakes if it thinks they have locked up or in a potential skidding condition.

So, is the steering wheel centered? The flaky ABS pump still can be attributed to an off center steering wheel.

The issues may be related but also may not be.

For the A/C, is the clutch engaging with the A/C on? if it is, you will be needing A/C service, either you have a leak in the system, the clutch coil is bad or your compressor is failing.

06 KJ
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.