Volume not working properly - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Volume not working properly

Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear BumperThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-22-2004, 08:09 PM   #1
ninjajeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Volume not working properly

I've been to the stealership numberous times for the same thing: They fixed it (temporarily) but now its doing the same thing. My volume control don't work all of the time. When I go to turn it up or down, it does the opposite or nothing at all. My warranty expired in July...is there a fix for this? Can I take it apart and repair the problem? I really want to keep my stock cd/radio.
It looks the same as the radio below (if that helps)

5b_1_b.jpg  
Unread 09-23-2004, 08:23 AM   #2
SirGCal

My 2k did the exact same thing. Your best bet is to just replace it and be done with it. Their fix is to replace the dial in the radio but that's not always the problem. If you want a factory replacement, ebay has alot of options every so often for a fair price.

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
SirGCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2004, 10:00 AM   #3
ninjajeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

The reason I didn't want to buy one off eBay is: The dealer replaced my radio with a new one the last time and it started doing the same thing about 3 weeks later. I just want to repair the one I have...I'm very good at repairing electronics...I was just wondering if anyone knew what the problem was.
Thanks

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.