Upgraded Stereo (Review) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Upgraded Stereo (Review)

Poison Spyder Ricochet RockersROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-24-2013, 07:22 PM   #1
stickey
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Upgraded Stereo (Review)

1997 Wrangler

Kenwood E596 deck
Alpine SPS 410
Alpine SPS 510
JL Audio 360/4 amp
8 inch Bazooka tube.

Whole setup was about $400 as i shopped all over to get the lowest prices. Add another $50 for wiring and amp kit.

Overall, very pleased with the set up. Was recommended by a friend that has done audio for 20 years. Read up around here and then asked him what he thought and went exactly with his suggestions.

The highs are good and the tube does great. Have only had the doors and back window up, but had zero issues with not being able to hear and feel the music going at about 50 mph. Would imagine having the entire top off, not too much difference.

Thats about it. $.02

Questions let me know.

stickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 09:13 PM   #2
odinseye84
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thats a real good price. The sound levels on the highway with the top off is substantially less. Even a soft top IMO acts like somewhat of a trap, when the top is off my bass drops significantly (and thats with 1200 watts and a huge 12). Just part of owning a jeep. Enjoy!
odinseye84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.