Upgrade speakers with stock head unit on TJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Upgrade speakers with stock head unit on TJ

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 08-01-2006, 01:44 PM   #1
VinoTJ
2008 JK Wrangler 

Upgrade speakers with stock head unit on TJ

I have a 05 TJ with the 7-speaker package and was wondering what would be a good upgrade for the speakers. I do not want to swap out the head unit - because I do not want to spend the money nor worry about it getting stolen.

I think I heard a while back that the Pioneer TS-G1340R was a good upgrade. Can anyone concur?

My stock fronts cannot handle the bass that is coming through - so I was wondering if I should try bass-blockers or just swap the speakers out with 5 1/4" speakers with the speaker adapters available to convert 4x6 to 5 1/4".

Thanks,
John

Unread 08-01-2006, 02:52 PM   #2
SirGCal

Those pioneers or others like em (25W RMS) are about all the upgrade the factory system could take... And yes bass blockers could help still. However, if you want to go a step further, you can get any speakers you choose and an amp to power them and run all of that off the factory head unit... Very possible and quite easy to do with just speaker-level inputs and/or a PAC type converter.

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
SirGCal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.