Unique Issue with SoundBar Audio +UP - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Unique Issue with SoundBar Audio +UP

Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe still have some great deals going on!

Unread 08-06-2013, 10:21 PM   #1
Trent0757
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Unique Issue with SoundBar (Audio Upgrade)

First time posting. Been getting incredible amounts of knowledge from yall since I bought the Jeep, saving me uncountable time, headaches, and countable money. But I have finally hit a wall and cannot find any information anywhere on the net about this problem. I wanted to upgrade the sound system for all the obvious reasons: old stock system, overcome road/soft top noise, be able to enjoy true music as well. Here is what was purchased:

Sony MEX-BT3000P
Infinity Kappa 462.11cfp
JBL GTO638

The install went well fronts went right in. Rears took some finagleing but got it done. Fired it up, noticed something was off, did the fade and balance test. Found out no sound from the right rear speaker; however, its vibrating. I pulled it out to ensure the polarity wasn't inversed, all good. Fired up same results. Swapped the rear speakers (thinking it may be a bad speaker) same result only the right rear speaker vibrating but no sound. So, now I think it just may not be enough juice to power it and looking into amps. Has anyone had this issue before? Any leads on where to look next? If it's needing an amp, any good recommendations for someplace tucked like the drivers side footwell or behind the dash?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Last edited by Trent0757; 08-06-2013 at 11:12 PM..
Trent0757 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2013, 12:38 AM   #2
Indy

Polarity doesnt matter. + - or - + youll get the same sound. Only time it really matters is if you have 2 speakers out of phase and cancelling each other. Unless its a comp system you wont notice thatthe speaker is moving in instead of out.

Hook the speaker up directly behind the deck and see if you have sound. Odds are you will and youll need fresh wire to that speaker. If you still have no sound the deck is the issue. Easy peasy.
Unread 08-12-2013, 10:02 PM   #3
rayw
2010 JK Wrangler 

Yeah, what Indy said. If the vibration you're talking about is while the speaker is mounted in the bar then it's probably the other speaker pressuring the space inside the bar and driving the woofer in the non-active speaker. Does it play if the speaker is not installed in the bar but is plugged into the wires?
rayw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.