Two radios in one external speaker? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Two radios in one external speaker?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-02-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
glook
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Two radios in one external speaker?

I've installed two radios - a CB and an UHF receiver in my center console (removed the subwoofer to do it). Due to the location the built in speakers on both radios are loud enough when my jeep is parked but on the highway its another story. So, I want to use an external speaker. The question is - can I somehow use one speaker with both radios? My CB requires a 3 watt 8 ohm ext speaker and my UHF requires a 3 watt 4 ohm ext speaker. Any idea on what I could use to mix the output of both radios together?

Unread 10-03-2013, 10:09 AM   #2
Sccafire
2005 TJ Wrangler 

You need to purchase something like this.

http://www.amazon.com/eForCity-Premi.../dp/B003LVDNYU

I don't know about the speaker.

"life is good at 2 MPH"
Sccafire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2013, 08:59 AM   #3
PhulesAu
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Buy a good 4 ohm speaker and add a 4ohm resister to the input, coming from the cb. you'll also need to put some diodes on the ground side, to prevent feed back between radios.
PhulesAu is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.