Two cobra CB radios - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Two cobra CB radios

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 02-16-2012, 08:49 PM   #16
Xjliker

I use it on my stock radio, a cobra29 and everyone says I'm clearer and more understandable on the air. Lot's of trucker use it on stock CB's , it should be fine. I think the ceramic disk in it helps with the background noise. Let us know how you like it when it comes in.

Best wishes
XJ liker

Xjliker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2012, 10:39 AM   #17
ChuckMRN
2011 JK Wrangler 

I started with a Radio Shack years ago. Went to the larger Cobra models and enjoyed the "tune-ability," better speaker and noise blanking features back then. With new vehicles and limited space, went with the Unidens/Midlands. Eventually made the step to Galaxy and will never go back. Like said a few posts back, don't repair, cheep enough to replace. Put 5 or 10 in a coffee can every payday(now I'm showing my age) and get a new one every year till you find the right one for you..
ChuckMRN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2012, 07:24 PM   #18
chris142
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Galaxy does make a good sounding radio if you only use AM. I use SSB alot around here and the Galaxy's drift so much that they are useless.

Lets say I'm on CH40 which is 27.405 mhz. My 959 will drift from 27.403 to 27.407 rendering it useless on SSB.

That drift wont cause trouble on AM and I would definatly choose a Galaxy over a newer Cobra if AM only.

I'm currantly running a mid 90's Cobra 148F thats rock solid on SSB once it warms up. My 959 won't ever get stable no matter how long you leave it on but the 959 is a screamer on AM.
chris142 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
cobra , radio

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.