Trailer Wiring Harness Questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Trailer Wiring Harness Questions

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #1
JeepNJenn
2011 JK Wrangler 

Trailer Wiring Harness Questions

I installed the Rugged Ridge trailer wiring harness Sunday and realized that it was a pin harness and the trailer (M416) I am buying is a 7 pin set-up. I can't seem to locate which adapter I need to go from 7 on the trailer to 4 on the vehicle. I am sure they exist I am just not using the correct search terms. Would someone be kind enough to help me out? Much appreciate!

Edit:

I ordered the Reese Towpower 74607 7-Way to 4-Way Flat Blade Wiring Adapter and it appears to have female connectors on both ends of the adapter. I hope to find something I can either order from amazon Prime or pick up locally as I am picking up the trailer on Friday.

2011 Sahara JKU - my first Jeep!

Last edited by JeepNJenn; 03-12-2013 at 12:28 PM.. Reason: added link
JeepNJenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #2
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

7-pin harnesses are for trailers with brakes and 4-pin harnesses are for trailers with only lights.
A 4 to 7 pin adapter will bring lighting to the trailer but no trailer brake functionality.

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser54 View Post
Better to hoard Jeep technical info than old newspapers and the neighbor's mail, I guess.......
Vote for the August Cherokee Of The Month here - Yes YOU!!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.