TJ sub & amp recomendations - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > TJ sub & amp recomendations

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3

Unread 06-16-2013, 08:00 PM   #1
bfr
2004 TJ Wrangler 

TJ sub & amp recomendations

I need help finding a replacement for the blown stock sub/ amp in my 2004 TJ.
1. I want the sub to fit in the stock location. I don't mind modifying/ trimming the stock enclosure, but I have no desire to build a box.
2. I would like for the amp to be as small as possible.
3. The sub/amp combo should "fit" each other and with a system that is 45Wx4 channel.
Thank you in advance.

Unread 06-18-2013, 03:40 PM   #2
terpsmandan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I am running a Kicker CVT652 in the stock enclosure. At first it was running on the stock amp but I upgraded it the amp to a Kicker DX250.1 mono sub amp running out of the line outs on the back of my deck. The rest of the system is Alpine HU with a 445 powerpack and Infinity 4" in the dash pods re-using the oem hi-pass filters and Infinity 5.25" in the overhead pods.
terpsmandan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2013, 12:45 PM   #3
gily25
2005 TJ Wrangler 

View the "how to replace the factory subwoofer" thread which focuses on most available speakers that will fit. then buy an amp with the same or within 30% of the sub's watts RMS.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.