TJ sub & amp recomendations - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > TJ sub & amp recomendations

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-16-2013, 08:00 PM   #1
bfr
2004 TJ Wrangler 

TJ sub & amp recomendations

I need help finding a replacement for the blown stock sub/ amp in my 2004 TJ.
1. I want the sub to fit in the stock location. I don't mind modifying/ trimming the stock enclosure, but I have no desire to build a box.
2. I would like for the amp to be as small as possible.
3. The sub/amp combo should "fit" each other and with a system that is 45Wx4 channel.
Thank you in advance.

Unread 06-18-2013, 03:40 PM   #2
terpsmandan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I am running a Kicker CVT652 in the stock enclosure. At first it was running on the stock amp but I upgraded it the amp to a Kicker DX250.1 mono sub amp running out of the line outs on the back of my deck. The rest of the system is Alpine HU with a 445 powerpack and Infinity 4" in the dash pods re-using the oem hi-pass filters and Infinity 5.25" in the overhead pods.
terpsmandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 12:45 PM   #3
gily25
2005 TJ Wrangler 

View the "how to replace the factory subwoofer" thread which focuses on most available speakers that will fit. then buy an amp with the same or within 30% of the sub's watts RMS.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.