tj fog lights and hella windshield lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > tj fog lights and hella windshield lights

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-06-2014, 12:19 PM   #1
Schmuds
1995 YJ Wrangler 

tj fog lights and hella windshield lights

thanks in advance for reading.

i was planning on wiring my junkyard tj fog lights and my hella windshield lights to the same wire coming from the battery. the wire has an inline fuse but i was wondering what fuse should i put in there? 10amp or like a 20amp. this wire was to a really crappy amp that i just recently pulled out but was like, Hey! i can use this wire for my lights! it has a 30amp fuse in it right now...is that too much?

thanks!

schmuds

Schmuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2014, 01:50 PM   #2
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Depends on the size/gauge of the wire. If it's a 8 gage or larger, you will be ok.

But, I would put 2 fuse holders just 6-8" away. Then run a separate circuit for each pair of lights. Use 2 relays, but you can have just 1 switch controlling both relays if you like, or 1 switch for each relay if you want separate control.

Use a fuse sized for each pair of lights depending on wattage (amps to be drawn).
Unread 02-07-2014, 11:40 AM   #3
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

If I were you I would wire the fog and windshield lights on separate circuits. I like the idea of being able to choose what set of lights I want on/off at any particular time. Anyhow, however you do it do not skimp on the wiring and that includes the ground.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.