Tired of people stealing your phone charger? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Tired of people stealing your phone charger?

NEW Smittybilt Gen 2 9.5 winch at JeepHut.comEnd of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 06-11-2013, 01:04 PM   #1
sjarrard
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Tired of people stealing your phone charger?

so after purchasing about 3 or 4 car chargers i started getting really annoyed with people that would steal my charger right out of my car but leave my cord. so on a rainy day i decided to make something so the thieves could no longer take it. The mount that held my cigarette lighter broke anyway so it dangled around freely falling in and out of the mount. i decided to move the outlet to a spot where it would sort of be hidden and out of the way. I opted to put it on the right side of the steering wheel. I had to splice the wire for the outlet about 6 inches so it would reach. I drilled a 3/4" hole into the panel that goes around the steering wheel and two small holes above the hole that i later used for a zip tie. when i put the charger through the hole the outlet would not stay connected so i ran the zip tie through the two holes and around the back of the cigarette lighter to keep the outlet connected. Now the charger is in a slightly hidden spot and out of the way of the ignition when trying to start the car. i still hide the cord when not using it but it has turned out to be a great pretty close to free addition to the jeep.

sjarrard is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.