Tire monitoring system light gone crazy!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Tire monitoring system light gone crazy!!

Bilstein Blowout Sale - 4 5100 Series Shocks $309.99 shippSALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-LoPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 06-13-2013, 05:33 PM   #1
LaceyD
2005 WK 

Tire monitoring system light gone crazy!!

I just bought a Grand Cherokee Limited 2005 from a used car lot yesterday. All was going great until I started hearing a chiming in the car and a message about my tires being low on pressure. I checked the PSI according to the door and the tires, and they seemed fine. To double check I took the car into Les Schwab and they said all the censors and and psi were fine. I then took it to the dealer and this is what they said:

"Confirmed Tire Pressure light on, found Code C1509 Right rear tire pressure module performance. Found no lin bus voltage to right rear trigger module. suspect wiring failure between sensor and skeem module."

??????

They summed it up to me that there was a break in the line somewhere and that they would have to find it and then they gave me an astronomical quote.

Is there anyway to get around this?! Cant I just disconnect the whole thing?! I can see/tell if my tires are low, I don't even need this feature. I've called a few other places and no one seems to know. Do I just pay for it? The constant chiming in my car is driving me insane!!

any advice would help, thanks!!!!

LaceyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 07:09 PM   #2
5-90
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Remove the lamp.
Remove the chime.
Put both in spares box.

I take a moral objection to the introduction of ANY system which allows a driver to abdicate responsibility for his vehicle. If you want to mandate a useful safety device, how about a telltale system that tells you when you have a rear lamp out - and which one?
Unread 06-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #3
LaceyD
2005 WK 

you cannot "remove the chime" or "remove the lamp". The message come across the panel that tells me everything about my car ie. direction, temperature, Mpg, etc. I'm not saying I want to disconnect the whole system in my car... and I am not abdicating responsibility for my vehicle if I can possibly take out a censor for the PSI of my tires... I never had this feature in my other Jeeps and I take my car in to be serviced regularly. I'm also not sure what you are getting at about the rear lamps.

I just need some help if it is a possibility or not to avoid a $1000 visit to the dealer.
LaceyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 02:58 AM   #4
Carl48
1995 YJ Wrangler 

You may want to visit a tire store and ask them about your problem. It is my understanding that there are batteries in the sensor in the tire...they have about an 8 year life...perhaps the battery failed and is causing the lack of communication. Otherwise, you are pretty much on your own if you don't want to pay the outrageous fee at the dealer. Troubleshooting this on your own would require a FSM and wiring diagrams and a knowledge of electronics. Unfortunately vehicles nowadays with all the electronic crap, computers, modules, CANBUS, etc. have gotten to this point.
Carl48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.