Teraflex CB antenna mount (TJ) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Teraflex CB antenna mount (TJ)

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 09-24-2002, 12:50 PM   #1
mpadfield

Teraflex CB antenna mount (TJ)

I have run the wires. Coax is routed to the back of the tub. Mount is in and ready to be stuck behind the taillight.

How should I run the coax to the mount, and what all will I need to attach the antenna? (4' Firestick). I have a heavy duty spring and RG-58. I BRIEFLY looked at these parts and didn't see a way to connect them all. Am I missing a step?

So... sorry for rambling. I need help with ideas for running the coax from the interior to the taillight mount (right side). Along with assistance if I am missing bits and pieces for the antenna installation. Thanks in advance.

Unread 09-26-2002, 08:37 AM   #2
Scrambler82
1982 CJ8 

I am really new to Jeep so I can't tell you the best way.
I think I would go out through a firewall gromett and run the RG-8X coax along the passenager side of the frame and then up the tire carrier and then to the mount using PL259's on both end of the coax. I would get a mount that uses a SO239 type of mount, (SO239 Connector is the other side that a PL259 attaches to. PL259 is a standard CB type coaxial cable connector).

At least that is what I plan on, time will tell.

Good Luck,

Do it right the first time !
Scrambler82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.