Teraflex CB antenna mount (TJ) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Teraflex CB antenna mount (TJ)

JK Vent Covers - NalinMFGRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 09-24-2002, 11:50 AM   #1
mpadfield

Teraflex CB antenna mount (TJ)

I have run the wires. Coax is routed to the back of the tub. Mount is in and ready to be stuck behind the taillight.

How should I run the coax to the mount, and what all will I need to attach the antenna? (4' Firestick). I have a heavy duty spring and RG-58. I BRIEFLY looked at these parts and didn't see a way to connect them all. Am I missing a step?

So... sorry for rambling. I need help with ideas for running the coax from the interior to the taillight mount (right side). Along with assistance if I am missing bits and pieces for the antenna installation. Thanks in advance.

Unread 09-26-2002, 07:37 AM   #2
Scrambler82
1982 CJ8 

I am really new to Jeep so I can't tell you the best way.
I think I would go out through a firewall gromett and run the RG-8X coax along the passenager side of the frame and then up the tire carrier and then to the mount using PL259's on both end of the coax. I would get a mount that uses a SO239 type of mount, (SO239 Connector is the other side that a PL259 attaches to. PL259 is a standard CB type coaxial cable connector).

At least that is what I plan on, time will tell.

Good Luck,

Do it right the first time !
Scrambler82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.