talk to me about CB's... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > talk to me about CB's...

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Corbeau Seats & Harness from CCOR!Bds suspension discount

Unread 10-15-2004, 10:03 AM   #1
NJCJ7

talk to me about CB's...

don't need to be talking to the big-riggers out on the open road... i just want to be able to talk to people within a few mile (if that) radius out on the trails... will one of these budget $50 units do the trick?

radio shack sale (click)

Unread 10-15-2004, 10:47 AM   #2
KGBnumber1

i think one of those would work just wonderful for a few mile radius. probably even better. might want to look at getting the 18 dollar cb antenna though.
KGBnumber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2004, 10:52 AM   #3
CJ51973
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I bought the cheapest one Radio Shack has (like $30). Put it with a whip antenae cut off a little so it will go in the garage. I works well for trail use. I bought a cheap set up so if anybody wanted to liberate it I wouldn't be out much. It can be a little hard to hear going down the road with the top off. In addition to being cheap it is also small which is also a plus. Don't buy a hand held. I got that "bright" idea first thinking I could use it in other vehicles. Hard to drive, pull out the antenae and talk. I have my mike mounted were I can leave it in the mount and just reach up and key it to talk rather than having to handle it.
Unread 10-15-2004, 03:22 PM   #4
CJ5_Fan
1980 CJ5 

I have the Cobra all-in-one CB. It has a small unit concelled under the dash and the unit quick disconnects from it for safe storage.

Here is the link;

http://www.cobra.com/index.php?page=...21ef98ebb1.jpg

BTW... Even a cheap CB will work well if you have a good antenna.
CJ5_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2004, 04:00 PM   #5
Jwhit

The only thing you need for a good cb are good transmitt power and a good dipole antenna. dont modify the antenna you buy most of them are calibrated to work with your cb. If you "cut " the antenna you actually alter alot of the good characteristics that it came with.
'85 CJ7 Rebuilt 258/T5/Dana 300 Mopar MPI fuel Injuection kit - 35" Pro Comp X-Terrains,one piece rear axle, 4.56 gears, Tracloc rear, Detroit Nospin front, 2" Full-Traction Shackle Reversal, 1" body lift, 2.5" Sky Jacker lift

'05 Jeep "Willys" ~stock... daily driver
Jwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2004, 12:49 PM   #6
OL YELLAH

Get an external speaker from RadioShack for like $12. You'll be able to hear the CB on the highway with the top down. Plus if your CB is capable, you can use the external speaker as a loud speaker and have some fun.
[B]1979 Jeep CJ-5; 1972 258 (Pacesetter Header, Weber Carb, Wrangler Aluminum Intake, 2.5" Exhaust Straight Through w/ Thrush Mufflers); 2.5" BDS Lift; 1" Daystar Body Lift, Herculiner; RJS Belts; 33" Interco Trxus M/T Tires; Xtreme Alloy Wheels; 2.5" Perfomance Wheel Spacers; TFI Upgrade.[/B]
OL YELLAH is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads
  • CB's?? - Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio (8 replies)
  • CB's - Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio (2 replies)
  • do CB's go bad - Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio (8 replies)
  • CB's...WHERE to put and how? - Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio (8 replies)
  • cb's - Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio (4 replies)

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.