talk to me about CB's... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > talk to me about CB's...

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-15-2004, 11:03 AM   #1
NJCJ7

talk to me about CB's...

don't need to be talking to the big-riggers out on the open road... i just want to be able to talk to people within a few mile (if that) radius out on the trails... will one of these budget $50 units do the trick?

radio shack sale (click)

Unread 10-15-2004, 11:47 AM   #2
KGBnumber1

i think one of those would work just wonderful for a few mile radius. probably even better. might want to look at getting the 18 dollar cb antenna though.
KGBnumber1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2004, 11:52 AM   #3
CJ51973
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I bought the cheapest one Radio Shack has (like $30). Put it with a whip antenae cut off a little so it will go in the garage. I works well for trail use. I bought a cheap set up so if anybody wanted to liberate it I wouldn't be out much. It can be a little hard to hear going down the road with the top off. In addition to being cheap it is also small which is also a plus. Don't buy a hand held. I got that "bright" idea first thinking I could use it in other vehicles. Hard to drive, pull out the antenae and talk. I have my mike mounted were I can leave it in the mount and just reach up and key it to talk rather than having to handle it.
Unread 10-15-2004, 04:22 PM   #4
CJ5_Fan
1980 CJ5 

I have the Cobra all-in-one CB. It has a small unit concelled under the dash and the unit quick disconnects from it for safe storage.

Here is the link;

http://www.cobra.com/index.php?page=...21ef98ebb1.jpg

BTW... Even a cheap CB will work well if you have a good antenna.
CJ5_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2004, 05:00 PM   #5
Jwhit

The only thing you need for a good cb are good transmitt power and a good dipole antenna. dont modify the antenna you buy most of them are calibrated to work with your cb. If you "cut " the antenna you actually alter alot of the good characteristics that it came with.
'85 CJ7 Rebuilt 258/T5/Dana 300 Mopar MPI fuel Injuection kit - 35" Pro Comp X-Terrains,one piece rear axle, 4.56 gears, Tracloc rear, Detroit Nospin front, 2" Full-Traction Shackle Reversal, 1" body lift, 2.5" Sky Jacker lift

'05 Jeep "Willys" ~stock... daily driver
Jwhit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2004, 01:49 PM   #6
OL YELLAH

Get an external speaker from RadioShack for like $12. You'll be able to hear the CB on the highway with the top down. Plus if your CB is capable, you can use the external speaker as a loud speaker and have some fun.
[B]1979 Jeep CJ-5; 1972 258 (Pacesetter Header, Weber Carb, Wrangler Aluminum Intake, 2.5" Exhaust Straight Through w/ Thrush Mufflers); 2.5" BDS Lift; 1" Daystar Body Lift, Herculiner; RJS Belts; 33" Interco Trxus M/T Tires; Xtreme Alloy Wheels; 2.5" Perfomance Wheel Spacers; TFI Upgrade.[/B]
OL YELLAH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads
  • CB's?? - Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio (8 replies)
  • CB's - Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio (2 replies)
  • do CB's go bad - Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio (8 replies)
  • CB's...WHERE to put and how? - Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio (8 replies)
  • cb's - Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio (4 replies)

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.