JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio, CB & Ham Radios, GPS, & Electrical (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/)
-   -   Swinging iPad mount complete! (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/swinging-ipad-mount-complete-1662881/)

WhitestAfrican 10-08-2013 09:19 AM

Swinging iPad mount complete!
 
4 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, I keep hearing about people putting ipads in thier JK so I decided to make a swinging ipad mount for TJ's. It swings over so the driver can use it by them selves and when you have a passenger it swings over so they can use it. It has not fallen yet!

MY screen is cracked because i dropped it in my house about a year ago, IT is not because it fell in the jeep!

What I used:
$16 GoPro Suction mount
$3 Angled Aluminum
$4 Velcro
$3 Plexi-Glass
$5 Self tapping screws

Whats the point?
GPS
Mapping out trails
Music player
and im sure ill use it for other things

etsubchief 10-08-2013 09:22 AM

Interesting concept. :)

JeepScrap 10-08-2013 09:23 AM

It's also great for distracting you resulting in a crash. Brilliant!

WhitestAfrican 10-08-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepScrap (Post 16652409)
It's also great for distracting you resulting in a crash. Brilliant!

I hope i don't crash man but you really don't have to say that on here. Please just comment nice things on the forum, because no one wants to listen to people say they are going to crash

frenchy206 10-08-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepScrap (Post 16652409)
It's also great for distracting you resulting in a crash. Brilliant!

Not to hijack the thread....but I kinda want to rant here. First, why give such a pointless comment. There was just a study that came out yesterday that showed that having children in the back seat are far more distracting than using a cell phone while driving. Maybe we should ban them??? What about all the other distractions? Radio, mp3 player, changing a CD, eating, drinking, smoking...or....best one of all....getting so into your conversation with whoever that you forget to concentrate on the task at hand....driving. Accidents will happen. People will die. We have 7+ billion people. Survival of the fittest. For **** sake....

Oh, btw, op, nice job on the mount.

Dean7276 10-08-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frenchy206

Not to hijack the thread....but I kinda want to rant here. First, why give such a pointless comment. There was just a study that came out yesterday that showed that having children in the back seat are far more distracting than using a cell phone while driving. Maybe we should ban them??? What about all the other distractions? Radio, mp3 player, changing a CD, eating, drinking, smoking...or....best one of all....getting so into your conversation with whoever that you forget to concentrate on the task at hand....driving. Accidents will happen. People will die. We have 7+ billion people. Survival of the fittest. For **** sake....

So when you or a loved one gets into a wreck with a teenie bopper that was playing angry birds while driving remember your rant.
OP, looks like a great idea for offroad use.

WhitestAfrican 10-08-2013 09:55 AM

guys im not going to be using this all the time while im in the jeep. thats what i have passengers for haha. Its basically for offroading and mapping out trails.

Scott_98TJ 10-08-2013 09:58 AM

Just a suction cup mount? On the side of molded plastic..... I see why your screen is already cracked.

Texanav8r 10-08-2013 10:03 AM

Wow... so much hate today. Ease up guys, he was just showing how he made his own ipad mount... for under $30 no less. Buying one of these from the store can run you over $100 so good on you OP.

WhitestAfrican 10-08-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texanav8r (Post 16653521)
Wow... so much hate today. Ease up guys, he was just showing how he made his own ipad mount... for under $30 no less. Buying one of these from the store can run you over $100 so good on you OP.

You are about the only one that said nice job. Thanks!

WhitestAfrican 10-08-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott_98TJ (Post 16653385)
Just a suction cup mount? On the side of molded plastic..... I see why your screen is already cracked.


My screen is cracked because I dropped it at home about a year ago. It is suctioned on and I have had no problems with it at all! If i need to i will anchor some screws in it.

Zombi 10-08-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frenchy206 (Post 16652833)
NThere was just a study that came out yesterday that showed that having children in the back seat are far more distracting than using a cell phone while driving. Maybe we should ban them???.

Actually, this is a good idea.

frenchy206 10-08-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean7276 (Post 16652985)

So when you or a loved one gets into a wreck with a teenie bopper that was playing angry birds while driving remember your rant.
OP, looks like a great idea for offroad use.

It's unavoidable, it will happen, now move on.

Dean7276 10-08-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frenchy206

It's unavoidable, it will happen, now move on.

Hmmm, so that's it? You're right, I'm wrong, end of story? C'mon, the whole point of arguing is to PROVE your point not to be ignorant of it.

atrebbe 10-08-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frenchy206 (Post 16652833)
Not to hijack the thread....but I kinda want to rant here. First, why give such a pointless comment. There was just a study that came out yesterday that showed that having children in the back seat are far more distracting than using a cell phone while driving. Maybe we should ban them??? What about all the other distractions? Radio, mp3 player, changing a CD, eating, drinking, smoking...or....best one of all....getting so into your conversation with whoever that you forget to concentrate on the task at hand....driving. Accidents will happen. People will die. We have 7+ billion people. Survival of the fittest. For **** sake....

Oh, btw, op, nice job on the mount.


I want to see the study on children more distracting then hand held electronics, It is curious who conducted the study, Santa, a Unicorn, maybe Abe Lincoln.


The time now is 10:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.