Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Suggestions for pure bright white or blue headlights?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  BzJeep 
#1 ·
Well... I've always liked the blue headlights but I'm not completely sure how legal they are so some nice pure bright white lights would be good too but how do I go about switching out headlights? Are ther complete kits or new bulbs I can get or wut?

Thanks...

#2 ·
:cool:

Not sure of what kits / headlamp / bulbs to tell you to get.
Look around most work better than the stockers.

Main thing in my book is to consider the wattage of the new light system.

If it is higher than the original by more than 10% then I would look into an aftermarket Harness rated for your new lights.
OR add two relays yourself, one for highs and one for lows, with a fused line from the battery to relays and then to the lights. Use the stock existing headlight harness to control the relays,so everything will work as stock.
Rate your wire and relays to the total amperage of the new light system plus 25%.

Good project because you will SEE the difference just by adding the relays, maybe you could add the relays fisrt then see if you need more light.

Search this section you should come up with other posts on the subject.

Luck,

#4 ·
I've seen Sylvania pop up in a few of my Jeep magazines so I was wondering about them. Thanks!

I'll look into what you guys have suggested, thanks.

#5 ·
Sylvania Silver Stars are awesome. They give you the look and performace of HID (expensive lights found on BMW MB and others). They are semi cheap. I ahve them on my ZJ and they are amazing. I am getting a pair for my YJ when I do a H4 conversion. Hope this helps!

#8 · (Edited)
...Well well well! Thanks for the Silver Star suggestion ya'll! My dad bought me a pair of them for my Birthday today and put em in... they sure shine! It is the most noticable difference too! I love it! I haven't been in out pure darkness yet but I took it out around dusk and light was shining places on the road it's never shined before!

Anyway... great headlamps, my dad said he got them at AutoZone for only like 20-25 bucks so an extremely good deal for a great set of headlights!

Thanks again and happy holidays!

EDIT: A picture!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.