Sub placement - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Sub placement

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 05-25-2013, 10:51 PM   #31
dB-SPL
2011 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrule123 View Post
Looks good! He hit 140db at 30hz, so not too shabby. If I remember he was running 4k rms to them.
140? What happened? I did more than that on 1500w. But to do it at 30hz is boss. I just finished wiring mine up today. Doesn't feel like a 50 but it gets low. We'll see. I'm actually buying a meter tomorrow. So ill post numbers. Make take a video

dB-SPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 09:03 AM   #32
Ro66y
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I've got two Kicker Comp 12s behind my back seats in the trunk. I ordered a custom box off of ebay and it fits perfectly.
Ro66y is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 08:57 AM   #33
alexrule123
What's a c-clip?

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dB-SPL View Post
140? What happened? I did more than that on 1500w. But to do it at 30hz is boss. I just finished wiring mine up today. Doesn't feel like a 50 but it gets low. We'll see. I'm actually buying a meter tomorrow. So ill post numbers. Make take a video
It will obviously be much louder at higher frequencies, it is much harder to play lower frequencies loudly (You have to move a lot more air).
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 07:44 AM   #34
dB-SPL
2011 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrule123 View Post
It will obviously be much louder at higher frequencies, it is much harder to play lower frequencies loudly (You have to move a lot more air).
Oh I know. I thought you means that's where he was peaking. I metered mine the other day. 46.2 under 40 hz with very little gain. . Ill post the whole build after work.
dB-SPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 01:33 PM   #35
jeepdawg23

Done!!!!!!! It took for ever to get time to post these it here you go.
image-343206389.jpg   image-2359423199.jpg   image-3589238539.jpg   image-3319256583.jpg   image-1067258382.jpg  

jeepdawg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 03:42 PM   #36
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdawg23 View Post
Done!!!!!!! It took for ever to get time to post these it here you go.
Is the interior space even close to the recommended? How does it sound? I like the idea but I'd be nervous of not having enough cubic feet in there for my sub to hit. I'm only running one 10" at the moment and I have it at around 0.78-0.8cu.ft (recommended for mine is 0.75-1cu.ft sealed) inside not excluding the ~0.05 the sub takes up.
[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
HurricaneRZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #37
Havoc443
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I just finished a stereo system overhaul that I've been working on over the past year in my '03 TJ (mostly as a result of budget limitations, poor weather, and time constraints) but I think it turned out pretty well. My buddy and I built custom fiberglass enclosures for the wheel wells and put a 10" shallow mount and a 4" mid on each side and then painted over it all with Monstaliner to match the rest of the Jeep interior. Ran most of the wiring down along the passenger side on top of the wells in some split loom that I painted a tan colour...might adjust that colour later on and just need to seal up the amp and around the speakers with some silicone this week once the paint is fully cured.

Havoc443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #38
Bhamshooter
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc443 View Post

That is SICK! If I didn't need my backseat I'd love that.

Just curious why you went with 4" for the mids. I'd have gone with a 5.25 or a 6.5. Or even a pair of 6x9's if I was building something that custom.
Bhamshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 10:23 PM   #39
ACrippledFerret
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dB-SPL View Post
Nice! These SA-8's right? I have 8 of them going in my Jeep on 5kW. Nice subs. I was considering transfering the build log to this site, but I dunno how many people are THAT into audio. :P
Sorry for late response, I haven't been on this forum in a while. They're SA8v2's.

They are absolute monsters for their size and price. Shipped to me at 24lbs per subwoofer.

ACrippledFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 09:08 AM   #40
Havoc443
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhamshooter View Post
That is SICK! If I didn't need my backseat I'd love that.

Just curious why you went with 4" for the mids. I'd have gone with a 5.25 or a 6.5. Or even a pair of 6x9's if I was building something that custom.
Thanks man, I'm happy with it. Just waiting on some neoprene seat covers to make it completely rain friendly. Actually when my buddy and I sat down to build it his initial plan was to have just the subs in the back but I thought it would look too plain so I suggested the mids mostly for aesthetic reasons but I've said the same things at this point about using larger ones...we were really tight for space (and money) though so just threw the cheap 4's in. I'm thinking about maybe throwing another set of them in to the amp rack maybe just above and below it but for right now, I'm content.

As for the back seat, I took mine out as soon as I bought the Jeep cause I just don't feel the need for it personally, but I have been thinking about getting a bucket seat or something and remounting the hardware and seat belt in the back for a third seat right in the middle.
Unread 06-06-2013, 01:39 PM   #41
Bhamshooter
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks man, I'm happy with it. Just waiting on some neoprene seat covers to make it completely rain friendly. Actually when my buddy and I sat down to build it his initial plan was to have just the subs in the back but I thought it would look too plain so I suggested the mids mostly for aesthetic reasons but I've said the same things at this point about using larger ones...we were really tight for space (and money) though so just threw the cheap 4's in. I'm thinking about maybe throwing another set of them in to the amp rack maybe just above and below it but for right now, I'm content.

As for the back seat, I took mine out as soon as I bought the Jeep cause I just don't feel the need for it personally, but I have been thinking about getting a bucket seat or something and remounting the hardware and seat belt in the back for a third seat right in the middle.
Yeah, after I posted that, I looked at the pics again. I realized you might be tight on space the way it was built.

Back in my younger days, I could have ran without a backseat, at least in the summer. I took a girl from our neighborhood to school, as well as my little sister, but it was just me and my girlfriend (now wife) in there most of the time. Now I've got a daughter who needs the backseat for her booster seat, and a son due any day now. So it is carseats and school carpool dropoffs for me.
Unread 06-11-2013, 03:50 AM   #42
Havoc443
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhamshooter

Yeah, after I posted that, I looked at the pics again. I realized you might be tight on space the way it was built.

Back in my younger days, I could have ran without a backseat, at least in the summer. I took a girl from our neighborhood to school, as well as my little sister, but it was just me and my girlfriend (now wife) in there most of the time. Now I've got a daughter who needs the backseat for her booster seat, and a son due any day now. So it is carseats and school carpool dropoffs for me.
Hey, at least you're still rocking a Jeep! I'm still pretty young so hoping I have a few more years before I have to start designing my next system around a booster seat in the back, haha. Congratulations on the new (or soon-to-be) addition to your family!

Cheers!
Unread 06-19-2013, 10:22 AM   #43
Bhamshooter
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Hey, at least you're still rocking a Jeep! I'm still pretty young so hoping I have a few more years before I have to start designing my next system around a booster seat in the back, haha. Congratulations on the new (or soon-to-be) addition to your family!

Cheers!
Thanks! He was born a few hours before you posted this. Still haven't taken him for a ride in it yet, but a skeptical wife will do that to ya. I need to install his seat first too. He probably won't be riding in it until August when my wife starts back to work and my girl is in Kindergarten. I may be dropping him at his daycare then, but we just haven't figured that out yet.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.