Sub placement - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Sub placement

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 01-05-2013, 10:00 PM   #16
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by absjeepfiona View Post
Sick. I just looked at the last picture you posted of your dash, you've put a lot of work into your jeep. It looks awesome, not going to lie, I'm kind of jealous. Haha all mine has done inside is the sub and whatnot, and I painted my dash and center console, and I've got all aftermarket gauges. And I put the backseat in because I got my jeep from a police auction and it was missing quite a few things. Lol mine is definitely a project but I love my Jeep.
Appreciate it man. Still a long way to go but its all suspension and drivetrain work now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 10:26 PM   #17
jeepdawg23

Thanks guys I'm accusing interested in putting two 10" in my center console. Any ideas?
jeepdawg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 08:52 AM   #18
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdawg23 View Post
Thanks guys I'm accusing interested in putting two 10" in my center console. Any ideas?
Not going to happen.

Quote:
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
Unread 01-06-2013, 02:44 PM   #19
jeepdawg23

Why do you say that?
Unread 01-06-2013, 04:02 PM   #20
absjeepfiona

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdawg23
Why do you say that?
I wouldn't necessarily say it's impossible but it'd be pretty difficult... Do you have a picture of your center console? You'd probably have to rip it out and custom build a sub box and center console but it would still be very difficult especially if you didn't want it to rattle. :S if you have a picture of your center console I might be able to sketch out a sub-box/center console for you to build or get someone else to try. However, goodluck.
absjeepfiona is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 05:33 PM   #21
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdawg23 View Post
Why do you say that?
Way too small.

Quote:
Unread 01-07-2013, 08:02 AM   #22
Demp
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
Way too small.
^^^

You might be able to fit a shallow mount 8 in the center console. I've yet to see a shallow 10 that would fit in the factory console's size. 2 shallow mount 10s would require a new box that sits much higher and/or much longer into the rear.

In my TJ I put dual 10s behind the backseat downfiring. Downfiring helps to keep the sound in with the top off.
Demp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 08:39 AM   #23
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I have my amp behind the driver seat. I have a tool box that slips under the rear seat and hangs over the amp and give my kids a place to step on instead of the amp. I mounted my amp on one inch PVC spaces so if I do get water in the jeep the amp isn't sitting in it. My brother and I have had this sub in various vehicles since the mid or late 80's. I even had the same 5 channel alpine amp (sounded great) until I lost it a couple years back in a rain storm. It survived the rain storm but when I was taking it out to let the carpet dry underneath I shorted it out.

I had the sub that came in the center console but wanted more storage in the center console.

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 04:17 PM   #24
ChrisTJ34
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I took the back seat out and put 2 10s behind the front seats and pointed them into the floor they sound great.
ChrisTJ34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #25
jeepdawg23

Ok guys I finally got all my seats in and I got my two subs and I did some research and I found a way to make it work. The only down side is Is that the compression from the subs is going to be of by only a little

image-544996147.jpg

image-1786100408.jpg

Here are some rough sketches. Please keep in mind I'm not going for comp quality sound but it is going to work I will post more picks when I'm done
Unread 05-21-2013, 06:43 PM   #26
jeepdawg23

I had to re design my box but I got most of it finished and it fits.
I will post some photos soon.
Unread 05-22-2013, 03:25 PM   #27
dB-SPL
2011 MK Patriot 

[QUOTE=ACrippledFerret;14737902]I put 2 8" subwoofers in the rear "trunk" area.

Nice! These SA-8's right? I have 8 of them going in my Jeep on 5kW. Nice subs. I was considering transfering the build log to this site, but I dunno how many people are THAT into audio. :P
dB-SPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 11:20 AM   #28
alexrule123
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I'd love to see your build thread. I personally have 4 of those sa-8s and they do some serious work. I swapped back in my tc9 15" for a change but I always go back to sundown.

Edit: food for thought one of my friends ran 8 of the skar 8s

2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 08:41 PM   #29
dB-SPL
2011 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrule123 View Post
I'd love to see your build thread. I personally have 4 of those sa-8s and they do some serious work. I swapped back in my tc9 15" for a change but I always go back to sundown.

Edit: food for thought one of my friends ran 8 of the skar 8s

Looks quite like mine. I guess I'll post the whole build in another thread elsewhere. But basically, here's where I'm at.

Still lots of work to do, but I'm dropping the subs in tomorrow. Second battery is wired up and everything's ready to make noise.
dB-SPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 08:21 PM   #30
alexrule123
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dB-SPL

Looks quite like mine. I guess I'll post the whole build in another thread elsewhere. But basically, here's where I'm at.

Still lots of work to do, but I'm dropping the subs in tomorrow. Second battery is wired up and everything's ready to make noise.
Looks good! He hit 140db at 30hz, so not too shabby. If I remember he was running 4k rms to them.
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.