Sub placement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Sub placement

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 01-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #1
jeepdawg23

Sub placement

I guess this is a picture request but where did you guys put your subs?

jeepdawg23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #2
absjeepfiona

If you are referring to a subwoofer I have a Jeep tj and I put my sub in the very back behind the seat. Mine is a 10" sub so it fits just perfectly.
absjeepfiona is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #3
jeepdawg23

Any pictures? I have a YJ btw.
jeepdawg23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #4
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by absjeepfiona View Post
If you are referring to a subwoofer I have a Jeep tj and I put my sub in the very back behind the seat. Mine is a 10" sub so it fits just perfectly.
Naw. I think he means a turkey sandwich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2013, 10:54 AM   #5
absjeepfiona

image-2409638915.jpg

I don't know if the picture will show up cuz I'm new but hopefully it works. The back of tj and yj's are very similar in size so you should be able to fit a 10" sub in the back as well. You should actually be able to fit 2 10" subs in the back either side by side (which is what I would do) or stacked on top of each other (one reason you may not want to stack them is if you take your topper off they will sit too high an potentially get damaged or fall out while off-roading) it also depends on the size of sub-box you have though whether or not it will fit back there.
Unread 01-05-2013, 10:58 AM   #6
absjeepfiona

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573

Naw. I think he means a turkey sandwich.
Thanks tips, could have been referring to a subframe, just being considerate, unlike yourself, and thinking of the other possibilities he could have meant. But a turkey sandwich does sound delicious. I do wish I had a stock of them somewhere in my jeep.
Unread 01-05-2013, 10:59 AM   #7
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks tips, could have been referring to a subframe, just being considerate, unlike yourself, and thinking of the other possibilities he could have meant. But a turkey sandwich does sound delicious. I do wish I had a stock of them somewhere in my jeep.
In the audio/electrical forum?

Quote:
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
Unread 01-05-2013, 11:05 AM   #8
absjeepfiona

Quote:

In the audio/electrical forum?
Haha I didn't see that. This is the first time I've been on here. But Good point! Lol I'm new. By the way sick setup for you're jeep. Do you have more pictures of it on your profile? If so how do I get to it? I am incredibly technologically disabled.
Unread 01-05-2013, 11:38 AM   #9
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Haha I didn't see that. This is the first time I've been on here. But Good point! Lol I'm new. By the way sick setup for you're jeep. Do you have more pictures of it on your profile? If so how do I get to it? I am incredibly technologically disabled.
Not many pics. Here's a few. Its 2 10" JL Audio W3V3-4 subs powered by a JL Audio XD600-1 Monoblock amp. I have a Kenwood KDC-X395 head unit and Kicker KS525 speakers in the dash which are being moved to the pods. I just got my Polk DB5251 component speakers in the mail yesterday which are going in the dash on new Nalin Mfg brackets.

Quote:
Unread 01-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #10
absjeepfiona

Quote:

Not many pics. Here's a few. Its 2 10" JL Audio W3V3-4 subs powered by a JL Audio XD600-1 Monoblock amp. I have a Kenwood KDC-X395 head unit and Kicker KS525 speakers in the dash which are being moved to the pods. I just got my Polk DB5251 component speakers in the mail yesterday which are going in the dash on new Nalin Mfg brackets.
That's pretty awesome I bet it just rattles. Where did you get the brackets for your component speakers? I've been trying to find some for a while now.
Unread 01-05-2013, 11:48 AM   #11
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I won them in a giveaway.
http://www.nalinmfg.com/TJ-525-Speak...pters_p_8.html
http://www.nalinmfg.com/Tweeter-Mounts_p_22.html

Quote:
Unread 01-05-2013, 11:53 AM   #12
absjeepfiona

Quote:
Sick. I just looked at the last picture you posted of your dash, you've put a lot of work into your jeep. It looks awesome, not going to lie, I'm kind of jealous. Haha all mine has done inside is the sub and whatnot, and I painted my dash and center console, and I've got all aftermarket gauges. And I put the backseat in because I got my jeep from a police auction and it was missing quite a few things. Lol mine is definitely a project but I love my Jeep.
Unread 01-05-2013, 06:52 PM   #13
BigGord
2006 LJ Wrangler 

sjones, where did you get your HVAC knobs that light up blue? Those look great and you can actually see where the knob is pointing in the dark. Thanks.
BigGord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2013, 10:42 PM   #14
ACrippledFerret
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdawg23 View Post
I guess this is a picture request but where did you guys put your subs?
I put 2 8" subwoofers in the rear "trunk" area.

Put both amps under the rear seat.
ACrippledFerret is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2013, 10:55 PM   #15
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGord View Post
sjones, where did you get your HVAC knobs that light up blue? Those look great and you can actually see where the knob is pointing in the dark. Thanks.
They are stock. I changed the instrument panel and HVAC bulbs to blue LEDs.

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.