Sub Box Decision - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Sub Box Decision

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-29-2008, 06:01 PM   #1
kstopp
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Sub Box Decision

I built a box for my TJ which held a 15" rockford facing into the rear seat, it pretty much filled all the space behind rear seat to get the required cubic feet for sub. I now own a CJ and am putting the stereo into it, I have a fair bit more room behind the rear seat to play with. I'm tinkering with the idea of building a box to put two 10's downfiring. Any ideas if the two 10's downfiring would beat out the single 15 into the seat? Or would I go with 12's to see a big difference? I know I'd also probably be putting in better subs too, most likely Alpine R's.

kstopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2008, 06:08 PM   #2
tee4mee
1995 YJ Wrangler 

It's just my preference but I have always liked the sound you get out of 2 10s in a well built box over a single, just feels richer to me?
Out from the new day's mist I have come
I hunt, Therefore I am
Harvest the land, Taking the fallen lamb
tee4mee is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.