sub in the back seat, locking the seat down? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > sub in the back seat, locking the seat down?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 04-28-2007, 11:10 AM   #1
nycaubrun
2006 TJ Wrangler 

sub in the back seat, locking the seat down?

for those of you that you have sub built into the back seat. Did you guys do anything to lock down the back seat? i just built a sub box in the bottom and an amp rack in the back and would like to make it a little more difficult to steal than just grabing the bar and taking the seat out.

nycaubrun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2007, 12:12 PM   #2
samger2
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I just did the install and the main reason that I didn't do anything additional is because the seat is REALLY heavy now...seems like it would be pretty inconvenient to not only remove all the bolts to get the seat but to then lift it out as well.

By the way...do you have any pics of the amp rack you built?
samger2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2007, 07:47 PM   #3
nycaubrun
2006 TJ Wrangler 

the seat is heavier, but i built the box out of fiberglass so it is not all that heavy. i am sure if you built the box like sirGcal yours is much heavier than mine. also, my back seat has a quick release bar, so the seat still comes out fairly easy. i can just see someone pulling up and throwing the seat in the back of a car.

I dont have any pics of the amp rack yet i am not finished yet. although it was fairly simple. i used 1/4 inch mdf, i put a layer of fiberglass resin to waterproof and i plan on painting it. i bolted it up to the frame. i drilled holes for the wires to come through the back side. the cloth on the seat i just cut a slit down each side and i plan on having someone sew in some zippers to clean it up. right now i just have one amp but i plan on adding another and a portable hard drive. one of the keys is make sure you choose an effecient amp so there is no overheating issues. but the amp rack is great. with the sub box, no one can tell i have anything unless i have the stereo on or if the seat is flipped.
nycaubrun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.