stock radio works but doesn't play sound - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > stock radio works but doesn't play sound

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 07-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #1
johnjames

stock radio works but doesn't play sound

I just got this 97 jeep grand cherokee limited but the radio was not in it so l put it back in but it doesn't play sound. this is my first jeep so can some one please help thanks

johnjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 10:36 PM   #2
Indy

Does it have speakers?

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 05:55 AM   #3
johnjames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Does it have speakers?
The kid i got it off of took one out because it had water damage but i put a new one in from a junk yard
Unread 07-24-2013, 04:09 PM   #4
Glasssplinter
1994 ZJ 

Do you have the infinity system? Think the amp is under the rear seat. If so, you may have problems with that. Easiest thing is to buy an aftermarket stereo and bypass the infinity system if you have it and be done with it. Work better then factory stuff anyway.
Unread 07-27-2013, 04:42 PM   #5
johnjames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasssplinter View Post
Do you have the infinity system? Think the amp is under the rear seat. If so, you may have problems with that. Easiest thing is to buy an aftermarket stereo and bypass the infinity system if you have it and be done with it. Work better then factory stuff anyway.
Thank it was the amp just got one from the junk yard for now

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.