Stock amp bypass? 2007 Grand Cherokee - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Stock amp bypass? 2007 Grand Cherokee

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 11-21-2012, 11:14 PM   #1
PrestonMcRee

Stock amp bypass? 2007 Grand Cherokee

Hi, I have a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the stock amplifier in the trunk. I'm trying to install my Alpine radio from my old car, but I have recently discovered that the wiring harness I bought for the Grand Cherokee won't work because it won't let me bypass the amp. It would be too much trouble to unhook the speakers from the amp. Help please! 😔

PrestonMcRee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2012, 10:25 AM   #2
lesterabjr

You can get a bypass harness from crutch field that will let you install your alpine with no mods
lesterabjr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
PrestonMcRee

How much will one of those run me?
Unread 11-23-2012, 07:32 PM   #4
lesterabjr

Around $30 bucks
Unread 11-23-2012, 11:17 PM   #5
PrestonMcRee

Could you send me a link to one? Is there a local store i could get one from? Bestbuy etc?
Unread 11-23-2012, 11:39 PM   #6
lesterabjr

The company is crutchfield.com u can call till free their tech advisors will know exactly what you need they have free standard shipping as well
Unread 11-24-2012, 04:23 PM   #7
w1pf
Who, me?

2007 WK 

might be a bit of an adventure if the JGC has the OEM Boston Acoustics system.

If so, all the speaker wires go to the left quarter panel, and only left/right (not even front/rear) audio go from the head unit to the amp.
Red WK #19, Hemi #68.. I think..
Durango Owners Club DOTY 2011
-------
"Must have been that yesterday was the day that I was born"
w1pf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2012, 07:00 PM   #8
PrestonMcRee

Yeah I have the Boston Acoustics system, which connects the speakers to the amp. I was already aware of that, that's why im looking for a wiring harness to bypass the stock amp. Because the regular wiring harness doesn't bypass it.
Unread 11-25-2012, 03:33 AM   #9
w1pf
Who, me?

2007 WK 

The BA system only uses two audio outputs from the head unit, front/rear fade is done inside the amp. So, there is no simple way to get all the speaker wires up to the head unit area (the cable has to run from the amp area back up to the head unit)

http://www.metraonline.com/part/70-6504 might do it, not sure. Seems to be compatible with the 07 system, but I can't exactly tell what is populated in the connector.
Red WK #19, Hemi #68.. I think..
Durango Owners Club DOTY 2011
-------
"Must have been that yesterday was the day that I was born"
w1pf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.