Still Trying To Locate The Fuse Box ? ? ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Still Trying To Locate The Fuse Box ? ? ?

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Get DBA Brake Rotors From ExtremeTerrain.com!Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 08-11-2006, 10:26 AM   #1
schooner

Still Trying To Locate The Fuse Box ? ? ?

Hi Guys

Don't remember if I posted this already ~ I'm having brain farts.

Anyway(s) I own a 2001 Jeep Wrangler and the back brake light over my spare tire went out.
Took the bulb out and low and behold its was dark and burnt. So I replaced it.

Still no brake light. I got a test out and checked the shocket and NO JUICE coming out the shocket. O.K. I though I'll check the FUSE BOX ~ YEAH RIGHT !

I couldn't find the darn thing. Looked under the dash, both side. Looked in the engine compartment ~ NO SIGNS OF IT ANYWHERE !

Maybe the sucker in on my roof

Do any you gentlemen know where the heck that fuse box is
So that I can see if the FUSE IS BLOWN !

THANKS GUYS
GOD BLESS

Schooner

schooner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2006, 11:38 PM   #2
kbtriumph

Look behind the glove box. Remove the limiting strap and rotate glove box down, there should be a fuse block back there.
kbtriumph is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2006, 06:24 PM   #3
schooner

I Found It ~ Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbtriumph
Look behind the glove box. Remove the limiting strap and rotate glove box down, there should be a fuse block back there.

Of all the places to put a fuse box. Thanks for the location of it guy.

schooner
schooner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2010, 06:58 AM   #4
jeeps95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

if it's the same connection as on a 95, if the fuse didn't fix it, sand paper the connections at tail door
jeeps95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2010, 11:13 PM   #5
Demp
2013 JK Wrangler 

you can also remove the little plastic guard on the tailgate contacts and see if one of the wires has decayed/corroded or gotten cut over the years by the tailgate.
Demp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2010, 09:13 AM   #6
Photog2000
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Holy old threads Batman!!!!
Photog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.