Stereo Wiring 2005 TJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Stereo Wiring 2005 TJ

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 08-15-2005, 12:58 PM   #1
ejnarciso

Stereo Wiring 2005 TJ

Hello all,
Yep I am a NEWB! Just bought a 2005 Jeep Wrangler SE (auto). Wish I bought a stick, but don't know how to drive one, YET! Added staineless steel nerfbars, trying to add fog lights but can't get the right adapter for the factory switch I bought - different topic.

I ripped out my stereo and cut off the wiring harness, didn't know I could've bought an adapter, now I need to know the correct wires for the speakers, oops! Any help would be much appreciated.

I think I can figure out the power with a test light. but the four speakers, I have no clue!

Thanks in advance!

-Eric

ejnarciso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2005, 01:12 PM   #2
moosepks

I don't have a wiring diagram for the speakers, but you can try finding them with a 9v battery. Take what you think is a pair of speaker wires and touch them to the 9v. They will make the speaker make a small popping sound.
moosepks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2005, 01:20 PM   #3
DarKGifT06

Just go to any local Stereo Shop and ask if they have any thing that could help you they should just beable to print out a sheet with all the colors. they will probably be Grey, grey black, purple, purple black, and so on..
DarKGifT06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2005, 09:32 PM   #4
valeech
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Do you still have the wiring harness you cut off? Did you leave any of the pig tail of the cable connected to it?

You could just reattach that harness to the bare wires and then go buy a wiring harness for your head unit.
valeech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2005, 12:25 PM   #5
Txnjeep

I might be mistaken, but when i installed my head deck the wires all had writing on them. Ant, grd, f-l, f-r and stuff like that. Not totally sure though. I will check at home to see if i still have a copy of the schematic. sometimes you can go to jeep and download a wiring diagram or the pioneer website should also have wiring diagrams. Most wiring will be the same. Blue is antenna. thats all i remember. good luck
[URL=http://www.specialopspaintball.com/brigade/member_view.asp?id=113338]View My Special Ops Brigade Page[/URL]
Txnjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2005, 01:03 PM   #6
DarKGifT06

some times they use little rubber tags but i find that during the install 50% or more of them have fallen into the dash lol.
DarKGifT06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2005, 03:02 PM   #7
Txnjeep

found something for you
www.installdr.com look under jeep/ chrysler. that should help out
GL
[URL=http://www.specialopspaintball.com/brigade/member_view.asp?id=113338]View My Special Ops Brigade Page[/URL]
Txnjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2005, 03:06 PM   #8
BeerMonkeY
2007 JK Wrangler 

those labels and colors (gray,white,purple,green) are only for aftermarket decks. the easist thing to do is get a harness to put the deck in and put the factory one you cut off back on.
Unread 01-25-2012, 06:53 AM   #9
Dusty050

Jeep TJ 2005 Radio Harness

If you stiil have the harness that you ripped out do you want to sell it?

Someone stole my radio & cut my harness and I am looking for one
Dusty050 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2012, 09:10 AM   #10
rubibluejay
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty050 View Post
If you stiil have the harness that you ripped out do you want to sell it?

Someone stole my radio & cut my harness and I am looking for one
Welcome to JF, Dusty050!

Thanks for doing a search, but the OP (original poster) hasn't signed in since '07.

Here is the radio plug pinout for '05 TJ Wranglers.

A reverse wiring harness is what you're looking for.

http://www.amazon.com/Metra-Reverse-71-6502-1-Chrysler-Vehicles/dp/B000LU9QK4/ref=au_pf_pfg_s?ie=UTF8&Model=Wrangler%7C356&n=1077068&s=car&Make=Jeep%7C42&Year=2005%7C2005&vehicleType=automotive&newCar=1&carId=001

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...FcXd4AodyHzikA

Jay
rubibluejay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.