Stereo solution - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Stereo solution

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-01-2007, 10:46 PM   #1
CETROV

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Stereo solution

Open Jeep, doors and top are always off, gone through 3 stereos which end up with so much dirt in the the cd players end up jamed up. I finaly pulled the radio out and said screw it. The added roll bar in the rear made the sound bar not want to fit anymore and the speakers on the floor ended up getting so beat up they were not worth listening to.

I modified the sound bar and put it in front of the center bar -
installed just the amplifier and put an of off power switch to the remote line to power it. Bought a headphone to dual rca jack and installed a mount on the dash for my 80 gig Ipod.
Now, the unseen amp powers the Ipod which is sitting on the dash, clips onto a cb mic holder and sounds pretty damn good. I just plug in the headphone jack into the Ipod and thats it. Takes a second to install and remove. No stereo to steal and it has all my music - the xp express will also plug in to this set up.

Used a waterproof container for the Ipod to keep out the dirt -

I recommend this highly.

Unread 08-02-2007, 02:18 PM   #2
Gaze
1996 ZJ 

Very nice idea...

While I have no use for it in my Jeep because I won't be hitting the trails very hard, sounds like a pretty good idea for my boat. A lot easier than pulling the radio out everytime I leave it docked overnight!
Gaze is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.