Stereo/power windows in WJ - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 11-22-2011, 08:19 AM Thread Starter
dballard1215
2001 WJ 

Stereo/power windows in WJ

Hey all, so I just got my 01 WJ a couple weeks ago after selling my 06 ford ranger and am not doing an audio upgrade when I ran into my current problem.

After taking off the the factory head unit I cut and stripped the wires off the original harness. I am now having 2 problems with this

1) the wire colors have no sense or reason in why they are the colors they are. This is not that big of a deal except:
2) there is no power to my windows... I assume that this also means there is no power to anything on the interior. ( I replaced the fuse for radio there there doesn't seem to be one for windows)

So now I am between a rock and a hard place. Any suggestions on what to do/try next?

Thanks fellas

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-22-2011, 08:22 AM
Thomahawk
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dballard1215
Hey all, so I just got my 01 WJ a couple weeks ago after selling my 06 ford ranger and am not doing an audio upgrade when I ran into my current problem.

After taking off the the factory head unit I cut and stripped the wires off the original harness. I am now having 2 problems with this

1) the wire colors have no sense or reason in why they are the colors they are. This is not that big of a deal except:
2) there is no power to my windows... I assume that this also means there is no power to anything on the interior. ( I replaced the fuse for radio there there doesn't seem to be one for windows)

So now I am between a rock and a hard place. Any suggestions on what to do/try next?

Thanks fellas
Check out stereo wiring diagram at wjjeeps.com

Also check door boot for broken wires, commom problem.

2004 Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 HO Quadradrive
95 ZJ Limited 5.2 Winter Project
Sold 94 ZJ Laredo 4.0 Winter Beater
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
post #3 of 5 Old 11-22-2011, 03:33 PM
mylt1

things like this are why you should ALWAYS spend the $20 for an adapter harness.
post #4 of 5 Old 11-25-2011, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
dballard1215
2001 WJ 

Thanks thom it was the door boot, i guess the ground must have gotten loose, and now the windows are working fine. Now just on to the stereo...
post #5 of 5 Old 11-25-2011, 11:13 AM
Thomahawk
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dballard1215
Thanks thom it was the door boot, i guess the ground must have gotten loose, and now the windows are working fine. Now just on to the stereo...
Thumbsup.

2004 Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 HO Quadradrive
95 ZJ Limited 5.2 Winter Project
Sold 94 ZJ Laredo 4.0 Winter Beater
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!

Tags
audio , power windows , wj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.