Stereo Install help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Stereo Install help

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGIntroducing the Quart Crate...

Unread 01-31-2014, 04:04 PM   #1
Zyurazek

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Stereo Install help

Well, today I went to replace my entire under dash wiring harness, fuse box and up in hopes to fix all my shortage issues. Well, everything that did not work before, still does not work. But that is beside my topic. Before installing the new harness, i had a working aftermarket stereo. The person who owned the Jeep before me replaced it and hooked it up differently. He had one wire going to the fuse box under the dash and another wire by-passing the aftermarket stereo harness. It confused me, but it was working. Well, i figured that by replacing my entire under-dash harness would fix any issues and i would be able to wire it directly to an aftermarket stereo harness. I have been proven wrong. I can not get the think to work. I don't remember what was done before. I know which colors do what, but i've just come up with nothing. Its really bugging me since i LOVE to listen to music. Would anyone happen to know what this other guy did, or any way to get the radio working??? Vehicle is a 95 YJ. Being hooked up to a Pioneer 2500UI.

Zyurazek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2014, 12:44 PM   #2
rubibluejay
2004 TJ Wrangler 

If you don't already have one, get yourself a DMM (digital multimeter). All you need to power up the radio is 12V+ constant (yellow wire on the radio harness), 12V+ switched (red wire on radio harness) and a solid ground (black wire on radio harness). The rest are the speaker leads.

Jay
rubibluejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 02:38 PM   #3
Indy

Unless it has orange, which is to the lights, blue, which is an amp turn on. Wiring a stereo from scratch is pretty easy.

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.