Starting my audio project - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Starting my audio project

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 11-23-2013, 12:50 PM   #1
nurseryguy

Starting my audio project

Ok so I have a 2013 wrangler 4 door and the factory audio is beyond crappie!!!

I will be doing a Helix audio 5 channel amp
http://www.shop.tech12volts.com/cate...?categoryId=19

some helix E62c Front speakers
http://www.shop.tech12volts.com/prod...4&categoryId=7

Helix b6x rear coaxials
http://www.shop.tech12volts.com/prod...0&categoryId=6

For subs and box I am doing these
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261336430997...84.m1586.l2649

I did a ton of research and it seems Helix Audio is a German company that actually makes there own stuff in Germany. Most of the stuff I have found is made in China or Korea and I am not good with that. I found the box builder on another site when I owned a Titan and he helped me bigtime with it . He actually owns the company I bought all my stuff from and has answered all my questions quickly and saved me some money by talking me into doing the install myself. I will be keeping the factory navigation and running 2 locs. Also gave me his cell number in case I get stuck on any of the install.

Everything should be here Wednesday and I will doing the install Thanksgiving weekend. I will make sure to take lots of pics !!!

nurseryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2013, 08:48 PM   #2
Psycho-X-Jeep
Free hugs <<< just ask!

2009 JK Wrangler 

Definitely take lots of pics and do a write up. I have all the components to my system with the exception of a LOC (how many do I need for a 5 channel system?). I've installed a few systems, but always with an aftermarket stereo. I'm sure it's fairly straightforward, but I am afraid I will screw with the CANbus system. Other than that I can handle the rest of the install.
Psycho-X-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2013, 02:28 AM   #3
nurseryguy

Well what type of amp is it? Some amps you can find 1 in put in and get signal to all speakers. If you want front and rear fade . You will need 2. I have actually changed my mind and now I am doing a Helix DSP . I want the stock look for theft issues and from what I have read this makes our factory radio sound better than any high end aftermarket radio.

http://shop.tech12volts.com/product....&categoryId=32

Last edited by nurseryguy; 11-24-2013 at 03:01 AM..
Unread 11-24-2013, 08:17 AM   #4
Psycho-X-Jeep
Free hugs <<< just ask!

2009 JK Wrangler 

I have two alpine PDX amps. Neither of them have speaker line inputs (only RCA). I want full factory functionality, so I'm not gonna take any shortcuts. I did a bit of web surfing and I plan on getting two PAC LOCs... one 4 channel (speakers) and one 2 channel (sub). What you plan on running is a bit overkill for my setup, but I bet its gonna "beat up the block" (that's a good thing).
Unread 11-24-2013, 05:26 PM   #5
JohnCrabtree
1994 ZJ 

Tech12V is great! I'm a member of titantalk too bud
JohnCrabtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2013, 08:12 PM   #6
nurseryguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCrabtree View Post
Tech12V is great! I'm a member of titantalk too bud
Yes he is he helped with my Titan a few years back and I knew when I heard the Jeep stereo I had to send him an email. Luckily he had just done a jeep for one of his friends and his knowledge blows me away every single time I ask him a question. I actually found him on ebay and then he sent me to the titan forum but man there was way to much bickering on that site. I can't wait to start on this.
Unread 11-24-2013, 08:40 PM   #7
nurseryguy

I actually invited to tech to join us over here and you guys will be shocked at how willing he is to help people out. Not just his customers but anyone.
Unread 11-25-2013, 10:06 PM   #8
JohnCrabtree
1994 ZJ 

Lol, you should've seen what happened last week. Talk about DRAAAMMMMMAAAA.
JohnCrabtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 11:32 PM   #9
nurseryguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCrabtree View Post
Lol, you should've seen what happened last week. Talk about DRAAAMMMMMAAAA.
I am sure man. I have a Tundra also and that forums is worse than the TITAN forum. The Tundra forum makes me wish i didn't own one. LMAO The Titan forum was just full of people that gave their opinions as facts . I spend a ton of money on Mods some good , some not so good. I will tell my personal experience with things but i am only one person so i understand i could have just expected to much or to little. You know?? Glad to find forums like this one where people seem so helpful.
Unread 11-25-2013, 11:36 PM   #10
sparnell1994

Hey guys I have a 1995 jeep grand cherokee I just bought as my first car. The speakers for lack of a better word suck. The only working one has a hole in it -.- any ideas on what I should put in for speakers and a subwoofer I already have an aftermarket pioneer radio. Also should I continue using the stock amp or upgrade? Thanks for the input
sparnell1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 11:38 PM   #11
nurseryguy

Also guys the guy that built this box for me is needing a Verizon phone and will trade a box for one if anyone has one. He needs a 4g Android or Iphone of 4 or higher . I sent him my old Android phone but it was really slow as it was the first 4G Verizon Phones made. He said to email him at James@tech12volts.com if you have a phone and want to trade it for a box. Told him I would pass it on for him. Says he will join the site soon just busy with the holidays coming up.
Unread 11-25-2013, 11:39 PM   #12
nurseryguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparnell1994 View Post
Hey guys I have a 1995 jeep grand cherokee I just bought as my first car. The speakers for lack of a better word suck. The only working one has a hole in it -.- any ideas on what I should put in for speakers and a subwoofer I already have an aftermarket pioneer radio. Also should I continue using the stock amp or upgrade? Thanks for the input
Send this guy an email and he will get you right. James@tech12volts.com
I personally know nothing about grand Cherokees at all.
Unread 11-27-2013, 07:53 AM   #13
nurseryguy

My box got here today. Will post pics as I start the install on Friday. I am stoked!!!
Unread 11-27-2013, 09:27 PM   #14
Psycho-X-Jeep
Free hugs <<< just ask!

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurseryguy View Post
My box got here today. Will post pics as I start the install on Friday. I am stoked!!!
I would like to see if the box is secured down to the body in any way, so give us some shots of that when u can... I'm excited too, I'm prepping for my install right now!
Unread 11-27-2013, 10:00 PM   #15
nurseryguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho-X-Jeep View Post
I would like to see if the box is secured down to the body in any way, so give us some shots of that when u can... I'm excited too, I'm prepping for my install right now!
Its not but with weight of it I don't see it going anywhere with my limited off roading. I am sure you could do some L brackets pretty easily. and yes once I get it in the rig ill take some photos

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.