sPod blue tooth - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > sPod blue tooth

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 11-30-2013, 07:10 PM   #16
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperthumper View Post
It dosent replace the switches in the truck, and you cant use it unless you have the spod switches and wiring. It just goes inline with the spod wiring.
I thought I read that it’s for the person that has no place to install switches; I’ll have to back and reread it again, a bit slower this time.

1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2013, 11:13 PM   #17
plumber1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkOpsRubi View Post
hmmm .... I can't think of one instance that I would use a cell phone instead of reaching up to flip the switch. What do you guys have your sPod wired to that you need to activate remotely? Maybe I'm not thinking outside the box enough.
How did you get your switches to light up, or this a JK thing. The ones in my SPOD for my TJ don't light up.

White Jeep Club #224
plumber1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2013, 07:13 AM   #18
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumber1 View Post
How did you get your switches to light up, or this a JK thing. The ones in my SPOD for my TJ don't light up.
its and up sell on spod
cyberpyrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2013, 10:42 AM   #19
Psycho-X-Jeep
Free hugs <<< just ask!

2009 JK Wrangler 

Just go and buy new switches for it. You may have to tweak the wiring a bit on the switches, but it shouldn't be hard.

http://www.otrattw.com/
Psycho-X-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2013, 05:56 PM   #20
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumber1 View Post
They are replacement switches from Shane Pilant at Concept-Customs.com (there are a number of outlets for switches), an ISSPRO automotive style 2" backlit replacement air gauge, and the map lights we fabbed out of Delrin.

BTW ... I work in IT and consider myself kind of a gadget junkie, but for the life of me I can't imagine a real and practical use for the blue tooth app. Maybe I'm falling behind the times!
BlkOpsRubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 07:43 AM   #21
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
They are replacement switches from Shane Pilant at Concept-Customs.com (there are a number of outlets for switches), an ISSPRO automotive style 2" backlit replacement air gauge, and the map lights we fabbed out of Delrin.

BTW ... I work in IT and consider myself kind of a gadget junkie, but for the life of me I can't imagine a real and practical use for the blue tooth app. Maybe I'm falling behind the times!
im building my jeep for hunting. it would be nice to be able to activate the lights when returning from the blind.

Thought of the day
Trust people who like big butts they cannot lie...
cyberpyrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 08:02 PM   #22
willis36

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
im building my jeep for hunting. it would be nice to be able to activate the lights when returning from the blind.
Are you afraid Bigfoot might be hiding in your backseat?
willis36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 08:18 PM   #23
chriskeenan
1999 XJ Cherokee 

the only thing i could see a use for this would be turning on lights to scare off the bear digging through your camp because you don't want it to know you're cowering inside the tent on Facebook with your smartphone. Other than that and showing off I don't see much use for BT switch control.

Remember BT has a range of about 35ft, and if its not connected (like say you walk out of range for a time) you have to jump into your phones setting and reconnect before you can use it. It just seems silly, why reinvent the wheel just to have a cool phone app and be hamstrung by the limitations of BT.

Especially when you've been able to do the same thing with a key fob for less than 25$ for several years now.
http://www.amazon.com/Pilot-Performa.../dp/B000BRJF62
chriskeenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2014, 10:44 AM   #24
ubengineer
1997 TJ Wrangler 

air gauge

Quote:

Do you have a picture of your air gauge light up.
ubengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2014, 11:10 AM   #25
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubengineer View Post
Do you have a picture of your air gauge light up.
After Dark. This picture was to show off the map lights but you can see the back lit pressure gauge.
Unread 03-13-2014, 01:03 PM   #26
ubengineer
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Two two part questions where did you get the map lamp and how did u wire it and where did you get the air gauge and how did you wire that?
Unread 03-13-2014, 01:04 PM   #27
ubengineer
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkOpsRubi

After Dark. This picture was to show off the map lights but you can see the back lit pressure gauge.
That's really cool I like that!
Unread 03-13-2014, 02:20 PM   #28
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubengineer View Post
Two two part questions where did you get the map lamp and how did u wire it and where did you get the air gauge and how did you wire that?
Rather than hijack cyberprot's thread, I'll send you to the thread that I started when trying to locate a gauge:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/m...-spod-1333940/

I'll try to get the details on the map lights from hubby and post on the other thread. The housings for them was fabbed from scratch but not sure about the lights themselves or their wiring.
Unread 03-14-2014, 10:36 AM   #29
ubengineer
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Does anyone know how to extend the Bluetooth signal? Also where is everyone putting their module. I made something to put it in, but wounding what everyone else is doing. This was not a good design since it has no where to be stored and it has a holes in it where water can get in.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.