Speaker wire colors? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Speaker wire colors?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNew jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Unread 05-24-2009, 12:02 AM   #1
subliminal
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Speaker wire colors?

Just put in new speakers and want to make sure I have them hooked up right, the positive speaker wire is the solid color wire and the negative is a striped wire right?

Unread 05-24-2009, 12:54 AM   #2
SirGCal

not necessarily. Stock colors can be anything. (there's a sticky at the top of this section with the lists for the vehicles) Aftermarket speakers can be either way with the stripped wire or they can use default color-coded wires (white grey, green, purple and same stripes, on these, the stripes are negative).

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
SirGCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2009, 06:51 AM   #3
spife7980
1997 ZJ 

if you scroll down to page 7 on this radio install guide there is a list of the wires. i cant verify for certain that they are correct but they look to be alright to me.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/3033112/Je...io-Replacement

heres sirGs
http://www.modifiedlife.com/1996-jee...iring-diagram/
JCR Stage 2 Sliders, IRO Trans Skid, Carolina Drive shaft, IRO exhaust
spife7980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2009, 08:01 PM   #4
Tjosh97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

just curious on a TJ the overhead speakers which is the positive and negative, they are both striped wires?
Red Jeep Club #556 - "DA 4-$LANGER"
1997 Flame Red TJ 4-Banger (2.5L) 4.0 TB 62mm Bored w/ Spacer -- 31x10.50 D. Cepek "Crushers" -- 15" Black Rock Crawlers -- AEM DryFlow -- Dynomax Super Turbo Cat-Back -- EBC Brake System -- Rough Country 2.5" Lift w/ Discos -- RC Adj Track Bars -- Currie HD Steering -- Rugged Ridge Diff Covers - DDM 6000K HID
Tjosh97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2014, 10:11 AM   #5
HeadshotSK
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal View Post
not necessarily. Stock colors can be anything. (there's a sticky at the top of this section with the lists for the vehicles) Aftermarket speakers can be either way with the stripped wire or they can use default color-coded wires (white grey, green, purple and same stripes, on these, the stripes are negative).
The colors to my 2008 Liberty on that link were so completely all wrong LOL

Maybe they didn't take into account the joke of a 'Premium' sound system it came with.
HeadshotSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2014, 07:26 PM   #6
marduksenforcer
1998 ZJ 

All these diagrams I see for the wires on the harness, not the wires in the door. Both my rear doors have blue/red & blue/white wires. So I have no idea what's what.
marduksenforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2014, 09:50 AM   #7
CNTLOSE
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marduksenforcer View Post
All these diagrams I see for the wires on the harness, not the wires in the door. Both my rear doors have blue/red & blue/white wires. So I have no idea what's what.
In case you are still wondering...

White and blue is positive and red and blue is negative.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.