Speaker wire colors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Speaker wire colors

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!KOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Unread 09-15-2007, 09:14 AM   #1
Jeff65SS
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Speaker wire colors

I am in the process of hooking up some speakers in the soundbar of my 2006 wrangler. All of the wiring information that I have gathered about color codes for other wranglers prior to 2006 has been incorrect, so I was wondering if someone could help me out. I know the right rear speaker wires are Grey/Orange strip and Grey/Blue stripe. Which is positive and negative? On the left rear it is Green/Orange strip and Green/Blue stripe. Which is positive and negative?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Jeff65SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2007, 09:41 AM   #2
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Your duplicate threads were merged into one after moving your audio/speaker question from the TJ forum to the correct audio forum.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2007, 11:40 AM   #3
rjt36
2009 JK Wrangler 

I just did my speakers, and I had the same thing.

Bestbuy actually carries a plug for Chrysler vehicles that will plug directly into the speaker wiring harness. Of course, they gave me the wrong one and didn't have the right one when I went back. The guy did know which wires were which, though. Give a local speaker install place a quick call and see if they can't look it up real quick for you.
rjt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2007, 12:05 PM   #4
lostissues
1987 MJ Comanche 

LR Speaker positive is dark green/dark blue and negative is dark green/orange
RR Speaker positive is gray/dark blue and negative is gray/orange

thats what I was able to find.

Jonathan
lostissues is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2007, 12:14 PM   #5
Jeff65SS
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys
Jeff65SS is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.