Speaker Upgrade - Need Some Help! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Speaker Upgrade - Need Some Help!

Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 07-25-2013, 07:48 PM   #16
NalinMFG
Vendor

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeskier93 View Post
4x6 and 6.5 is a pretty large size gap. As all ready said the best set up will come from having speakers all the same size. IMO the best set up for a Jeep is 5.25" all around with a sub (all amped of course). Personally I have infinity kappa 5.25 in the front and 6.5" in the back because I don't want a sub taking up space and figuring out where to put another amp that wont die from water. For me the bass is fine.

I have the nalin brackets in the front with coax speakers. If I were to do it again I would also get the nalin tweeter brackets and components. Right now the front highs struggle because the dash speaker covers are so stifling and point sound down.

Correct. 5.25"s all around will be the most acoustically correct...and by far the easiest to install for 03-06 guys.

5.25" TJ Speaker Adapters

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
Email: NalinMFG@gmail.com
Facebook: NalinMFG
NalinMFG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #17
TxAg_TJ

Just upgraded my sound system - happy to help where I can. 70+ mph, wide open top (half doors)... VERY nice sound! Currently designing quick disconnects so I can quickly slide bottom tray w/amps out for off-road.

As you can see on one of the last pics, I did use the Kicker 5.5" component in the roll bar mounts. Side view to show wrap around speakers that are the Quad Pod set up.

Installed:

2 Quad Pods (rear 8" sub w/wrap around 6.5") each w/:
8" Kicker CompR Subwoofer
6.5" Component Speaker System

2 Versa Pods (front) each w/:
4" Rockford Fosgate Prime

2 Mod Pods (front under door) each w/:
5.5"' Kicker Coax Speaker

Rollbar Mounts:
5.5" Kicker Coax
3/4" Titanium Kicker Tweeter

2 x Rockford Fosgate Prime 500W amp (1 per sub)
1 x Rockford Fosgate Prime 50 x 4 amp
1 x Rockford Fosgate Punch 75 x 4 amp

Pioneer DEH 9500 BT head unit
image-1.jpeg

image-2.jpeg

image-3.jpeg

image-4.jpeg

image-6.jpeg

Last edited by TxAg_TJ; 07-25-2013 at 08:05 PM.. Reason: Added side pic of Jeep so you can see the wrap around speaker in back
TxAg_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 08:20 PM   #18
kingcat400
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by patman2k View Post
Polk makes some 50w 4x6's that are great for the dash speakers. They are also marine grade, so they won't mind getting a little wet. The 40w have the tweeter that sticks out too far and they won't mount properly without spacers.
4x6's suck it don't matter if they are made of gold. they suck. you will get much better sound quality and a much bigger sound range from a 5.25. imo if you are working on a tj using nalin brackets and some 5.25 components are the only options. i have installed multiple sets for customers and the difference from them to a set of 4x6's is night and day.

the only way i would stick with 4x6's in a jeep is if you have a yj and cant fit a lager size. in that situation do like i am going to do and put some 6.5s in the half doors like i am with quick discos.
kingcat400 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #19
Nyteryder3
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Where can I get a mount for the 5.25's for the dash
Nyteryder3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 08:43 PM   #20
kingcat400
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Nalin mfg. Go to the link in his SIG.
kingcat400 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 09:01 PM   #21
NalinMFG
Vendor

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyteryder3 View Post
Where can I get a mount for the 5.25's for the dash
NalinMFG.com
http://www.nalinmfg.com/TJ-525-Speak...pters_p_8.html

JeepForum vendor thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/t...inmfg-1325275/

5.25" TJ Speaker Adapters

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
Email: NalinMFG@gmail.com
Facebook: NalinMFG
NalinMFG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
sound bar , speaker , speaker replacements , speaker size

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.