Speaker Size in 98 Cherokee Sport ? ? ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Stereos, CB & HAM Radios, GPS, & Electrical. > Speaker Size in 98 Cherokee Sport ? ? ?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFREE Shipping Sale!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 05-20-2004, 10:51 AM   #1
CODE

Speaker Size in 98 Cherokee Sport ? ? ?

I'm wondering if they are 6.5" front(door) and rear(roof) ??

Also, how many watts are they?

Is it the stereo or the speakers or both that suck ? ?

I have a mp3 player I'm putting in and wondering if stock speakers will be fine? (the deck is 50x4W Peak, around 20rms)

Thanks heaps!

dave h.

CODE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2004, 11:07 AM   #2
Boris T

I just replaced the fact 5.25 in my 98 Classic with Polk EX352's. I know the 98's are 5.25 but have read that 6.5" will fit with some light work on the front doors.

As for them lasting, they will if you don't go nutz on the volume. I am using the Polks with the stock head unit.

Travis
[URL=http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/601204/1]My XJ Pics[/URL] Done: [URL=http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/Page%201.htm]Rocklizard 2" BB[/URL] Red Jeep Club #211

The Other: 1968 Plymouth Sport Fury
383 2bbl/auto with Factory A/C
Yes it's green! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/803501]Fury Pics[/URL]
Boris T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2004, 11:11 AM   #3
CODE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris T
I just replaced the fact 5.25 in my 98 Classic with Polk EX352's. I know the 98's are 5.25 but have read that 6.5" will fit with some light work on the front doors.

As for them lasting, they will if you don't go nutz on the volume. I am using the Polks with the stock head unit.

Travis

So factory is 5.25 front and back? Thanks!

dave h.
Unread 05-20-2004, 11:32 AM   #4
Jimi7

The front and rears are 5.25s, but alot of speaker manufactures have "small" 6" and 6.5" speaker that will fit. Measure the cutout and get a speaker that fits the dimensions of the cut out. You can step up to the "big" 6.5s and 7's with a little modification.
Jimi7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2004, 11:46 AM   #5
CODE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi7
The front and rears are 5.25s, but alot of speaker manufactures have "small" 6" and 6.5" speaker that will fit. Measure the cutout and get a speaker that fits the dimensions of the cut out. You can step up to the "big" 6.5s and 7's with a little modification.

Very Cool!
I have two 6.5" right now, I'll size them up and see if they fit before I sell them! They have a omn-directional tweaker in the middle, hope that fits too.

dave h.
Unread 04-24-2015, 05:07 PM   #6
SHUTUPUFACE

Stock head unit for 1998 Jeep Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris T View Post

Travis
You posted that you replaced the factory 5.25 speakers in your 98 with 6.5 Polks (EX352's) with the stock head unit? However, you show above that your Jeep has an Alpine stereo installed with the Polks? I don't think the '98 Cherokee's came with a stock Alpine unit? Mine didn't. The reason I'm questioning you regarding this is because I'm looking to replace the stock speakers in my '98 with some decent aftermarket speakers. (Polks are great by the way!) However, I believe the stock speakers are at around 15 watts RMS. The Polks have a minimum wattage of 50 watts I believe. So, I don't think the stock head unit will drive the Polks efficiently, will it? Thanks, for the update. Best regards.
SHUTUPUFACE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.