Speaker Preferences/Thoughts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Speaker Preferences/Thoughts

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 05-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #1
Cherokee16
2001 FSJ Cherokee 

Speaker Preferences/Thoughts

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and recently bought my first jeep. Now i like good sounding speakers and the 5.25 rockfords it came with just weren't cutting it. I bought a set of Pioneer Ts-D1302R and they're okay but the bass just isn't there ether. My dad has a new Patriot with the upgrade Boston Acoustics package which I'm jealous of and was thinking about buying 4 of those for the doors and roof speakers. I'd rather not drop a lot of money into a sub and was thinking instead of buying two 8" BA's, running a line down from the back speakers and putting them in a box. I realize if i do that i'm probably going to have to buy an amp ether way. I was also looking at infinity's but after looking into them I haven't found to many good things about them. What speakers do you guys use in yours that have a nice loud sound and a good bass sound to them? If i'm making no sense at all please let me know and I'll try to get a clearer question. Thanks everyone, Eric.

Cherokee16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2013, 02:12 PM   #2
gily25
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Amping a set of aftermarket speakers will usually give you clarity and gain some midbass. A clean signal will aslo help so most people start with a decent head unit, switch to aftermarket speakers then add an amp, then add a sub and amp.

If you want to simply change speakers, you'll need to go somewhere and listen to brands. Look for speakers with a higher dB rating and they'll sound louder. Keeping with 35 watt rms speakers will be better if you don't have an amp, if you have an amp math the rms rating to the amp's rms rating.

Tags
cherokee , speaker replacements

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.