Soundwedge: Opinions/experiences? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Soundwedge: Opinions/experiences?

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 10-08-2001, 09:15 PM   #1
evilpsych

Soundwedge: Opinions/experiences?

Was wondering how you guys like the soundwedge... how it sounded.. with top on and off.. i want the CBrack done by that cbracks.com guy so a sound bar was kinda nullified that way unless one of you guys have managed to get a soundbar to work with that cbrack..

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
evilpsych is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2001, 02:30 PM   #2
mytjnamedrex

how would the soundbar be affected by a CBrack?? If you mount it behind the roll bar it wont be in the way. All you need to do it run the wires down the other side to the headunit. I didnt look at what jeep u have but if its a TJ u should already be fine, if its a YJ just move the soundbar behind the roll bar. Good luck. BTW the soundwedges are really nice but be sure you have enough juice to run em. Id suggest an amp....
Unread 10-11-2001, 09:13 AM   #3
TJSahara

If you have a Yj, I have a pair of the soundwedge speaker boxes with speakers that I might be willing to let go. Don't use them anymore. Email me
Unread 10-11-2001, 09:38 AM   #4
Willis91YJ

Psych,
Considered 6x9's in boxes on top of the wells? Thats what I have and it rocks!!!
Willis
Black 91' YJ with fresh 4.0, Sitting on 31x11.5 Mickey Baja MTX's on 15x10 AR767, Borla Stainless cat-back, free flow cat, it seems like I keep breaking necessary parts just about the time I get enough money together for the fun stuff!!!
Willis91YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2001, 01:07 PM   #5
braveheart98

I have in my YJ they sound great with my JL Audio speakers in them. I only have a few complaints about them though. When somebody slides the passenger seat back they will hit my speaker grills in them (Will be putting a stop in the track to eliminate this problem). Also I can't recline my seat back as far. You really can't compare what the soundwedges sound like per vehicle there is to many variables. The quality of the speakers and if a amp is being used has more bearing on the issue. I think if I were to do it again I would probable go with the 6x9 on the wheel wells.
Unread 10-13-2001, 10:07 AM   #6
jeepsonly

We don't have the Soundwedges in our new Jeep yet but we had them in our 88 and loved them. The news ones have a cup holder in top, too (I think). We had new speaker in the stock location, an overhead soundbar, the Soundwedges, an amp under the back seat and a subwoofer in a box behind the rear seat. We could definately hear (feel) the radio at 70 mph with the top off. The downsides are what braveheart98 mentioned, the reclining seat and such. But otherwise it is very convenient, especially if you don't want a box on top of your rear wells (although I bet they provide better sound).
jeepsonly is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.