soundbar connector - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > soundbar connector

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 12-14-2006, 03:20 PM   #1
teaux

soundbar connector

I recently bought a soundbar for my TJ. It didn't come with one stock. I got it put on but can't get the wiring figured out. I found the wires that i need but they are in a connector and i'm hesitant to cut them. I experimently pressed the soundbar wires to some exposed metal on the proper wires and didn't get any sound. In the connector block under the driver's side dash is an empty slot. I was wondering if this was for a soundbar that was to be hooked up at the factory. If so can i buy one? It would make it much easier to hook this thing up. i got some pretty crappy instructions with the soundbar and even if you can tell me how a stock bar is installed will help.

Thanks in advanced.

teaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2006, 06:19 PM   #2
adidas69
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Im guessing that this is an aftermarket soundbar and not oem? If so what brand is the new bar? I just replaced my oem bar with a vdp bar and I just ran the wires directly to the headunit so i wouldnt have to cut any of the factory wiring. Mine came with some pretty bad instuctions as well.
adidas69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2006, 08:02 PM   #3
Pipedrummer
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I just put a oem soundbar in my TJ last week that didnt come with one. I went to the dealer to see if I could get the wiring harness, but they didnt have it. It is part of the main wiring harness and cant be bought separtely. So I cut off the female end at the soundbar and made my own connections, ran the wire down the roll bar, along the drivers side and made the connections under the dash. I think all the speaker wires were in the red connector. So I just tapped into them. The wires for the light were coming into the back of the connector block, but there was no connector there, but it still worked.
Pipedrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2006, 09:44 PM   #4
teaux

Yeah it's a vdp. So all the wires for the speakers and lights i need are in the red connector? Did you cut the wires on the connector side and wire all three ends together (cut connector wire and soundbar wire)? Hey adidas69, did your center dash plate have some poorly designed clips that held it on? I changed out the radio for a cd player and they made it really hard to put back on. It still doesn't look like it's on correctly. Thanks again guys.
teaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2006, 07:05 AM   #5
adidas69
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaux
Yeah it's a vdp. So all the wires for the speakers and lights i need are in the red connector? Did you cut the wires on the connector side and wire all three ends together (cut connector wire and soundbar wire)? Hey adidas69, did your center dash plate have some poorly designed clips that held it on? I changed out the radio for a cd player and they made it really hard to put back on. It still doesn't look like it's on correctly. Thanks again guys.
Yeah my center dash is bad too. Has gaps around the stereo and ac/heat controls so it looks like it isnt all the way back on but it is. I hope you have better luck hooking up your soundbar then I did. I got everything working except for the auto dome lights. The bar sounds pretty good alot better then the stock but still no bass.
adidas69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.