sound system complete.....i think - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > sound system complete.....i think

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 01-30-2005, 09:32 PM   #1
widdowmaker
1999 TJ Wrangler 

sound system complete.....i think

[IMG][/IMG] well my stereo install is done. i have a pioneer det face cd player, infinity 4x6 plates in dash,and 6.5 infinitys in sound bar, powered by deck. i put the 10 inch bazooka bass tube with 200 watt amp in my insta trunk. heres some pics of the tube. sounds real good. it has a built in cross over and 200 watt amp. im very happy with it.

red jeep club member #112
Air Force Jeep Club Member #28
widdowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2005, 09:46 PM   #2
CptTrips
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good widdowmaker! I'm curious, how much did all this cost you? I have a completely stock stereo system in my 01 TJ (with the exception of a Pioneer CD changer under the backseat) and I've been wanting to upgrade with some better speakers, etc, but I have no idea what kinda stuff to get, especially when it comes to amps and subs. Anything you'd recommend?
CptTrips is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2005, 09:58 PM   #3
widdowmaker
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptTrips
Looks good widdowmaker! I'm curious, how much did all this cost you? I have a completely stock stereo system in my 01 TJ (with the exception of a Pioneer CD changer under the backseat) and I've been wanting to upgrade with some better speakers, etc, but I have no idea what kinda stuff to get, especially when it comes to amps and subs. Anything you'd recommend?
i paid 129.00 for cd player. 65.00 for the infinity 4x6s. 70.00 for infinity 6.5s
300.00 for 10 inch 200 watt bazooka. 19.96 for amp installation kit(wire, fuse rca cords etc.) so for 583.96. i got everything. it sounds very clear, and the bass tube hits really hard. (i dont listen to rap.) reggea is my preference.
red jeep club member #112
Air Force Jeep Club Member #28
widdowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2005, 10:19 PM   #4
CptTrips
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by widdowmaker
i paid 129.00 for cd player. 65.00 for the infinity 4x6s. 70.00 for infinity 6.5s
300.00 for 10 inch 200 watt bazooka. 19.96 for amp installation kit(wire, fuse rca cords etc.) so for 583.96. i got everything. it sounds very clear, and the bass tube hits really hard. (i dont listen to rap.) reggea is my preference.
ok, I've heard that even if I get newer speakers and such, it won't make much of a difference since I have the stock head unit (which powers the speakers I guess?). I don't want to upgrade that since I already have a CD changer in the back, any idea what I can do about that? (i listen to rock, by the way)
CptTrips is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2005, 10:44 PM   #5
C2U5H
2012 JK Wrangler 

well, you've heard wrong!

upgrading the speakers to a coaxial or 3-way speaker will DRAMATICALLY change the sound quality of your system. just because the aftermarket speakers are underpowered a little doesn't mean they won't sound better than the stock speakers....

your front speakers are the most important, in my opinion, to replace first(but I mean come on, there's only 1 other choice ). you need those highs and mids to be nice and clean so you don't just hear the rollbar speakers.

i would get the adapter brackets from MJM Auto Innov. and put some decent 5.25"s in them. youll be blown away at how much better your jeep sounds.

~J
C2U5H is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.