Sound System - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Sound System

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-13-2013, 11:32 AM   #1
firefight45
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Sound System

I'm looking at replacing the two dash speakers and two sound bar speakers on my 03 TJ but I'm not sure what to go with. I have an afternarket head unit but I'm looking for good sound when loud. I was looking at either kickers or alpine. What sizes should I get. Thanks for the help.

firefight45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 12:03 AM   #2
02wrangler33

I put 5 1/4 kickers in the sound bar. I put 4x6 kickers in the dash, i bought baffles for them and you need to buy the aftermarket brackets for them as well. Look into putting poly-fill in the soundbar and dash. www.crutchfield.com is a great website and has all you need for better quality sound, great prices too. Let me know if i can be of any assistance for anything else
02wrangler33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 03:27 PM   #3
kingcat400
1993 YJ Wrangler 

this is what you want. get some nalin brackets and put polk 5.25's components in the dash then get a set of polk 5.25 coax and put them in the sound bar. get an amp with say 50rms x4 and hook it up to them. add a 10" sup in the back. i have installed this setup 3 or 4 times and it works great. for amps i would recommend the rockford forgate pbr300x4 and pbr300x1 and mount them under the dash.
kingcat400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 07:10 PM   #4
gily25
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Any 5.25" with an rms rating of 35 watts or less is best on factory head unit power. Ditto on the nalin brackets for the dash speakers to fit the 5.25" if you decide to go components nalin had one that puts the tweeter on the door strap pin.

Alpine or kicker...I run kickers in my sound bar and have an alpine sub...both are great brands. Polk is good too. You should try to listen to them if you can, speakers are really ear specific.
Unread 10-25-2013, 03:11 PM   #5
NalinMFG
Vendor

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I suggest looking into Polk's DB5251 component setup. Marine rated and a very high quality package for the price.

5.25" TJ Speaker Adapters

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
Email: NalinMFG@gmail.com
Facebook: NalinMFG
NalinMFG is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.