skipping/reception - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > skipping/reception

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 11-07-2001, 10:03 AM   #16
vector_3

Willis you know your stuff. I didn't know the whole aiwa-sony thing. Foam padding under the CD player works good , but how do you get the strapping mounted to the fire wall. Seems like a pretty tight fit.

vector_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2001, 05:46 PM   #17
mytjnamedrex

since this got a reply i guess the topic is back alive.......skipping is now worse cause i let my gf drive it about a week ago and she got the sucker airborne when we were offroad!!!!! I still have terrible reception and everyone looks at me like im nuts when i tell them that nothing is working..... I get the college kid that thinks hes god telling me that its my imagination!!! When i put it on my favorite radio station and theres occasionally a few words and mostly static i consider it a problem! Im venting, I know, sorry. I may try a new HU but nothing seems to work and the skipping is driving me nuts!!
Unread 11-13-2001, 01:29 AM   #18
eltj

This is a common problem for Aiwa. Radios get very hot tucted up in the dash and with Aiwa it seems the hotter they get the more they skip, distort, and lose reception. Lose the booser and try grounding the antenna to the metal srap behind the radio.
eltj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2001, 12:15 PM   #19
mytjnamedrex

i installed some stout rough country shocks and i barely skip even when going fast over speed bumps (like 20). I think im gonna get a new CD player tho.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.