Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Sirius Radio

993 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Dano61 
#1 ·
Is Mopar the only place to get the Sirius reciever that hooks up directly to the RB1?

#2 ·
Is it a factory radio?
If so, go shop araound at specialty retailors if the chain stores don't carry what you need. I haven't heard about special plugs for the factory radios, but it wouldn't surprise me if they made the direct-connect recievers factory specific.
If it is an aftermarket radio, any place should have what you need.

#3 ·
Hey - actually no. I have seen them on eBay but they come and go. Also if you do a google search for part number 82206488AB you will see them at a few places.

Maybe you can help me. I have a cd changer with my RB1 I just installed in my TJ. What do I need to buy to get sirius installed. Obviously the receiver, but they speak of special wiring that is very expensive.

I was under the impression, it was not required with the changer, but now I can't be sure.

Thanks,
Phil

#4 ·
Yes...there is a special wiring kit that you will need to install the CD. Then you'll need to buy the wiring kit to install the Sirius receiver...I just bought mine from DC and it hit me for $125...JUST FOR THE WIRING KIT!!! If you do go to the Sirius receiver AND the CD...make sure you get the right wiring kit for the Sirius. There are two separate kits. If I were you, I'd install the CD first then the Sirius so you don't have to buy the wiring kit twice. Good luck!!

#5 ·
I know you're asking about a Sirius device, BUT, have you considered an XM tuner?

I'm totally lost in the install/repair world since I began "hiring" all my work done in the late '80s. BUT, in spite of that, I hooked up an XM Roady2 radio and had it working in less than five minutes! I don't want to mislead you, I said had it working in five minutes.

When I determined it would work as "stated", I installed it by putting the small antenna device UNDER the sports bar padding on top of the bar over the back of the front seats, running/hiding the wire UNDER the padding down to the carpet, under the carpet and to the center console/shifter area, and up up to where I mounted the tuner. A simple plug goes into the cig lighter and into the tuner. I mounted the tuner on the flat spot the air bag OFF button would be if I had one. Time, about 20 minutes. I'm not totally pleased with the mount or the location, but I can work that out with available devices when I decide exactly where I want it.

Its working perfectly and the signal maxes out the signal strength bars (there's only three of them), the modulator is fine and all is well in the world of XM satellite radio!

KatSass :wave:
'94 Wrangler Sahara, stock

#7 ·
I considered that. But I have the RB1 and Sirius hook up already. I like Sirius because I can get all of the LSU football games and most NFL games broadcast. Thanks for the tip though.

Geaux Tigers!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.