show me your cb mount/antenna mount set-ups.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > show me your cb mount/antenna mount set-ups..

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsEngo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 Lum

Unread 04-14-2007, 06:16 PM   #1
VZEHLER
2006 TJ Wrangler 

show me your cb mount/antenna mount set-ups..

I bought some new toys today and since it's so nasty outside I thought I might get some ideas from some of you out there who have already installed a cb in your TJ..

edit: will the 3' wilson be long enough.. think I should go 4?

VZEHLER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2007, 06:38 PM   #2
twistedLV

Try a search. There are several threads, with pics already out there.
And i would go for a 4' antenna.
Unread 04-14-2007, 06:53 PM   #3
VZEHLER
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I have.... and "searching" the forum has proven to be useless as tits on a boar hog.... Not to mention that all the old threads that at one time included pictures have since been removed from the site where they were once hosted and show up as "x's" now.... Prompting me to start a "fresh" thread...
VZEHLER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2007, 07:02 PM   #4
twistedLV

here's one.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...=antenna+mount
Unread 04-14-2007, 07:07 PM   #5
Arbo

Here is my radio mount...

And, my antenna mount...

Both made by me, and rock solid. I have the 29LTD, and the Wilson 48". It works great. I have no experience with shorter antennas.
Arbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2007, 05:42 AM   #6
dodgetk81
1997 TJ Wrangler 

[IMG][/IMG]
I have it completely removeable. I used well nuts in the tray with threaded knobs
Unread 04-15-2007, 06:20 AM   #7
Linda or Greg

Unread 04-15-2007, 08:44 AM   #8
TJbuffalo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I have a 3' Tiger antenna (Everhardt) mounted onto the top of my stock rear tire carrier. Iím able to transmit/receive very well, out in the hills and deep woods that I wheel in. The antenna sticks up about 4 inches above my soft-top.

www.wnyoffroad.org
TJbuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2007, 08:49 PM   #9
timc
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'm using the Arizona Rocky Road mount on my TJ. google for it, or check ebay, that's where I found mine.

The mount is OK, but I'd prefer if it were on the left side of the 3rd brake light. That way I wouldn't have to open the tailgate so WIDE to get the glass past the antenna mount.

A few pictures:

This is what the mount looks like when in use. The mount is set up for a 3/8-24 stud mount, I have a quick disconnect on there and a 6M hamstick antenna that just happens to resonate on 2M. (no, not a CB installation, but it's a radio just the same)
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~timc/pics/jeep1.jpg

The next picture is where the coax goes into the jeep. If I always used the soft top, this may not have been an issue. I chose to go through the same rubber gasket through which the 3rd brake light cable passes. Note the drip loop to try to keep the water OUT.
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~timc/pics/jeep2.jpg

Next pic is how it enters the jeep on the inside. Comes through an existing grommet and under the carpet up to the front.
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~timc/pics/jeep3.jpg

Finally, the radio mount. I chose the left side of the shift console, just to the left of the 4WD lever. There's a matching 1/4" steel plate behind the plastic (that's what I had) to stiffen things up for the radio mount. Underneath are a couple of cross-drilled thimbles with a lock going through. When the lock is in, you can't get a screwdriver at the screw heads. Sure, someone could take it by brute-force, but it's not going to be easy!
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~timc/pics/jeep4.jpg

I like the location of the radio, I can see it pretty easily, the display hardly ever gets washed out by the sun and it doesn't hit my leg. I have an auxiliary speaker wired up and zip-tied to the rollbar just behind my left ear. It's loud enough to hear and understand when I'm at highway speeds with the soft top flapping. Of course, nobody can understand me when I'm talking...no loss, I guess.
timc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2010, 07:00 PM   #10
HoustonTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Cheap CB and GPS Overhead mount!

ok I used a 1x4 and some scrap steel to make this mount for my CB and GPS. Very easy to make and will work with both Hard and soft tops.

The Midland worked great. It's was the smallest CB I could find and only cost $25 new.

With the soft top I used the big plastic knob that goes in this hole to hold the moun in.

This keeps the electronics up out of sight. When I'm not using the radio I unplug and stow the mic. Most people dont ever see thim hiding up there.

HoustonTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2010, 08:04 PM   #11
prd_cdn
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by timc View Post
I'm using the Arizona Rocky Road mount on my TJ. google for it, or check ebay, that's where I found mine.

The mount is OK, but I'd prefer if it were on the left side of the 3rd brake light. That way I wouldn't have to open the tailgate so WIDE to get the glass past the antenna mount.

A few pictures:

This is what the mount looks like when in use. The mount is set up for a 3/8-24 stud mount, I have a quick disconnect on there and a 6M hamstick antenna that just happens to resonate on 2M. (no, not a CB installation, but it's a radio just the same)

The next picture is where the coax goes into the jeep. If I always used the soft top, this may not have been an issue. I chose to go through the same rubber gasket through which the 3rd brake light cable passes. Note the drip loop to try to keep the water OUT.

Next pic is how it enters the jeep on the inside. Comes through an existing grommet and under the carpet up to the front.

Finally, the radio mount. I chose the left side of the shift console, just to the left of the 4WD lever. There's a matching 1/4" steel plate behind the plastic (that's what I had) to stiffen things up for the radio mount. Underneath are a couple of cross-drilled thimbles with a lock going through. When the lock is in, you can't get a screwdriver at the screw heads. Sure, someone could take it by brute-force, but it's not going to be easy!

I like the location of the radio, I can see it pretty easily, the display hardly ever gets washed out by the sun and it doesn't hit my leg. I have an auxiliary speaker wired up and zip-tied to the rollbar just behind my left ear. It's loud enough to hear and understand when I'm XXXat highway speeds with the soft top flapping. Of course, nobody can understand me when I'm talking...no loss, I guess.
click for free !!!
prd_cdn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.