Seward Offroad led lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Seward Offroad led lights

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!

Unread 04-23-2013, 11:19 PM   #1
Toby36
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Seward Offroad led lights

Well recently I purchased 2in led fog lights from Seward Offroad. They are a fairly new company I think only a year or two old. They have light bars all the way up to 50in for a little over $500. I was told they are suppose to be releasing their aqua series and light brackets at Jeep Beach this year I can't wait to see their brackets they will probably be a fraction of the cost from other companies. They are $124.99 plus shipping. Jake and the guys down in Florida are really awesome guys and are jeep enthusiast. Well first off they were packaged very well with Styrofoam around all sides.

They give you all the mounting hardware and I was very surprised they even supplied me with the other end of the connector. You can see on the end of the connector the one opening is black and im sure you all know what that means thats where your negative wire goes.

Now before I took the connector apart I went ahead and made a black mark on the outer shell of the connector on the negative side to make sure I put it back together right if that makes sense. I used a very small screwdriver to get the connector apart.

Once I got the connector apart I pushed the wire through and bent it over the connector and when you put the connector back together it smashes the wire on the terminal and makes a good connection. You could probably solder them together for more security but my gun wasn't working. Another reason I didn't solder them was because I pulled the connector apart that they did and that was how they did it and it was in there pretty solid. When I installed the connectors on my jeep I went ahead aput silicone around the wires just to make sure water would stay out then I taped the connector and zipped tied it up.

I think they look awesome on my jeep next thing is a 30in on the hood.

Out playing today with them on I think it looks a lot better than with the regular fog lights on the bumper.

I will get pictures posted up of them at night. They are so bright I can barely even tell my low beams are on. My brights are quite a bit brighter and shine farther, but these are the fog pattern and not the spot pattern so I kind of expected that

Toby36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2013, 12:12 PM   #2
FirefighterJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

What kind of wire(gauge,type), switch, fuse etc did you use to wire these? I just purchased the 6" light bar from them to mount to my roller fairlead and there are no instructions
FirefighterJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2013, 01:27 AM   #3
Toby36
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I used tge factory foglight wiring i didnt use a seperate fuse because the amp draw is so low let me check their specs tomorrow and i will give u more info on what u should use. U probably shouldnt need more than a 10amp fuse and 14 gauge wire. I would say that would be plenty safe but let me cgeck on that tomorrow
Unread 05-12-2013, 05:26 AM   #4
FirefighterJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome. Thanks for the info
Unread 05-12-2013, 06:12 PM   #5
Toby36
1998 TJ Wrangler 

if you could find a 3amp fuse that would be ideal for the 6in otherwise i wouldnt use any bigger than a 5amp fuse. For wire size you should be plenty safe with 18 gauge wire.
Unread 05-12-2013, 06:14 PM   #6
Toby36
1998 TJ Wrangler 

as for a switch any type of rocker or toggle switch will work also i found a bunch of cool factory style switches that will fit right into the factory holes i will get a link after i find it again lol. i know they run about 20 dollars
Unread 05-12-2013, 08:25 PM   #7
FirefighterJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm trying to figure out how to wire these lights. I opted to not use the harness/plug they gave me, instead butt connected with shrink wrap. Obviously the black ground for the light goes to the chassis somewhere. But as far as running the power for the lights, I know the power wire has to be ran to the switch, I did get an inline fuse, and I'm now stuck on where to go with the wiring from here. Which is odd b/c I ran my KC lights wiring with no problem.
Unread 05-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #8
Toby36
1998 TJ Wrangler 

the switch itself depending on the type may also have a ground on it or it will just go straight from the switch to the battery fairly simple if you still cant figure out let me know i might be able to find you some pics
Unread 05-12-2013, 10:06 PM   #9
FirefighterJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I got it figured out, dunno why I was making it so difficult. But thanks for the help
Unread 05-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #10
Toby36
1998 TJ Wrangler 

haha thats good. post up some pics for all to see!!!!
Unread 05-20-2013, 09:53 PM   #11
FirefighterJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hey, I'm looking at getting the 2" lights for fog lights and was curious, how did you tap into your fog light switch to run the wiring? I want to do mine the same way.
Unread 05-23-2013, 04:46 PM   #12
Toby36
1998 TJ Wrangler 

There is a connector that the fog lights plug into under the fender. I just cut off that connector and used the one they gave me. U could use the factory connector but i didnt use it becuae it looked like it had been spliced a couple times from previous owners
Unread 08-13-2013, 04:23 PM   #13
mustangwarrior
2001 WJ 

so after a little bit of time on the jeep, how are they holding up? any condensation in the lens? i am looking at the 30" bar for my WJ, their warranty sounds pretty good
Unread 08-15-2013, 09:02 PM   #14
MIKEJONES

Those are the same lights I sell. They hold up extremely well. I have a pair on my shop for security lights actually, theyve been on 24/7 for about 8 months now and none of the bulbs have burnt out. They are extremely durable, I usually take my customers to the parking lot and let them throw the light up in the air as high as they can to try and break it. After they see the light still works perfectly I show them my 'lense test' video and they usually walk out with some new lights.
MIKEJONES is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2013, 10:12 PM   #15
ReDinTX
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Did you buy directly from them or a distributor? I like what i see on their site!
'90 Yj 4.2L 5spd
ReDinTX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.