Rules, Guidelines & First/Last warning (Must Read!) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Rules, Guidelines & First/Last warning (Must Read!)

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORClayton Off Road XJ Long Arm Suspension Systems!

Closed Thread
Unread 09-14-2005, 10:34 AM   #1
SirGCal

Rules, Guidelines & First/Last warning (Must Read!)

Radios & Electrical

Rules:
  • Please try to keep your messages on topic. For this message group, that means talking about (but not limited to) Stereos, Communication Radios, and electrical questions of any kind pertaining to vehicles. The moderators will allow a certain amount of "off-topic" messaging, but please do not push it.
  • Swearing, flaming, slamming, trolling and spamming will not be tolerated. Posts that do not fall within the guidelines of this site will either be edited for content or will be deleted all-together. This is your only warning. Repeat offenders will find their login-id's and IP addresses banned from using JeepForums.com.
  • Any topics about illegal items (I.E. Linear amps for CBs) will be deleted/closed/etc. Repeat offenders will be banned. No excuses.
Guidelines:
  • Pictures maybe posted with your messages. Please check the Registry Section for ideas on how to properly post the pictures that you wish for others to see. (Account status must be to the point which allows pictures to be posted.)
    - DO NOT post anything copyright such as pages from the field service manual (FSM). Such posts will be deleted and repeat offenders could be banned.
  • Topics allowed include anything about vehicle wiring or electronic equipment and their purchase options, setup, modifications and how-to's.
  • There maybe long periods of time between people posting. Please do not post and repost your questions several times over as the answers are not always immediate. Some people will refrain from answering questions even after reading them if they cannot prove their points of view.
  • Posts that are nothing but "padding" the post-counter (ie: "I agree") will not be tolerated for long. If you agree, say so, but please add more to the discussion, you do have opinions that you can share!
  • As times and members change with this group, some questions maybe asked over and over again.
    - For the oldtimers, please be patient with those who are new.
    - To those who are new, you can search the online databases for answers to your questions.
    If you feel the answers found do not satisfy you, please post your question here. Sometimes the answers you are looking for may be in other sections.
  • Don't forget to take a moment to try some punctuation and capitalization. It makes it a lot easier to take people seriously. It shows you care enough to not act like a stubborn little child screaming "It's just the internet man!". Basically, if you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, don't be surprised when others do not take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
Thank you,

The Moderators

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
Unread 02-28-2007, 10:42 AM   #2
SirGCal

First/Last Warning: (Must Read)

For everyone who is like me and just skips over the Announcement's at the top of the forum, here's what you're missing:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/annou....php?f=12&a=29

"There is now a zero-tolerance policy in effect for slander, harassment and off-topic bickering in the technical forums.

If someone is harassing you in technical threads report them and never respond to them. If you participate even to only defend yourself you are part of the problem and are just as guilty.

This is your only warning. If you participate in off-topic bickering, slander or harassment in the technical forums you will be banned from JeepForum.com.

Help keep the technical forums technical!"

All of the mods have been instructed to remind everyone of this so consider yourselves warned. since the mods don't read EVERY SINGLE post on the board, please report any post along these lines to us using the report button under the offending user's name and avatar (the little exclamation button in the middle) as mentioned. All help is greatly appreciated.

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
Closed Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.