Right Amp for 2005 TJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Right Amp for 2005 TJ

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 10-03-2011, 02:57 PM   #1
wstepp
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Right Amp for 2005 TJ

Does anyone have any advice for the right amp to power these speakers. I'm going to use the in-seat sub enclosure for the shallow mount sub and put the Polks in the dash and soundbar. I'm not too savvy with figuring out how much it takes to push each one. I would like to use a single amp if possible in a concealed location to keep my investment on the stealth side.

Product Image
Pioneer TS-SW2501S2 10-Inch Shallow Subwoofer with 1200 Watts Max Power

Product Image
Polk Audio DB521 5.25-Inch Coaxial Speakers (Pair, Silver)

Sorry the links did not show up as URL I'm a newbie and not quite sure how to make it work.

Last edited by wstepp; 10-03-2011 at 02:58 PM.. Reason: Omissions from original post.
wstepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 05:08 AM   #2
damien4208
1998 ZJ 

The subwoofer would like 300 watts RMS and your speakers will scream with 45 watts RMS

What kind of budget are you working with?

Just remember like with most things in life, you get what you pay for....
- 4.7L stroker, 4.5" lift, 33" d!ck cepek FC-II, 4.88 Yukons, Flowmaster, APN header, MSD, Stage 2 Jet chip, bored 63mm intake, K&N Stage 2 intake, 180 degree Jet Thermostat, tranny cooler, beefed up transmission, new front end, diff covers, front OE tow hooks, CURT hitch, quick disco's, KC Dayliters
damien4208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 07:06 AM   #3
rubibluejay
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Alpine's MRX-V60 would be a good choice for the equipment you have listed.

Jay
rubibluejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 07:46 AM   #4
wstepp
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'm try to keep it around $700 for the speakers and the amp, and I already have the head unit.

The Alpine seems to be pretty decently priced and a pretty compact unit which is a plus cause I'm trying to keep as much interior space as possible.

Thanks for the input.

Wes
wstepp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amp , sound system , sub woofer , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.